Planning Admissions 2023

GMK

21 hours ago, Nnne said:

Hi, I just saw two updates in the result search - one from USC and one from UC Berkeley, both are masters. Wondering if anyone else has heard back from those two schools? Are they releasing results? Thanks!

I also have not heard back yet. I've been checking my email and the application portal regularly, but I haven't received any updates from USC or UC Berkeley regarding my application status.  Waiting is suck  :<

On 2/22/2023 at 11:46 PM, Nnne said:

Hi, I just saw two updates in the result search - one from USC and one from UC Berkeley, both are masters. Wondering if anyone else has heard back from those two schools? Are they releasing results? Thanks!

I just got word overnight that I’m in at USC’s Masters program! Got an email to check a new portal - No mention of funding though. 

While pursuing the decisions feed, I always notice waitlisted people asking admitted students to decline offers if they have a different one that they plan to accept. I have to assume these pleas are not particularly effective, but it did make me wonder about how people normally handle when they reply to offers of admission.  Do most decline a lessor offer once they have at least one better offer? Wait for all offers? Wait for the April 15 deadline?

Edited by GMK

5 hours ago, GMK said:

While pursuing the decisions feed, I always notice waitlisted people asking admitted students to decline offers if they have a different one that they plan to accept. I have to assume these pleas are not particularly effective, but it did make me wonder about how people normally handle when they reply to offers of admission.  Do most decline a lessor offer once they have at least one better offer? Wait for all offers? Wait for the April 15 deadline?

I'm visiting from the art history thread and I have the same questions. I know another person who applied to the same program I was waitlisted for, but from their other comments, I know that they are aiming for the bigger Ivies (the school where I am waitlisted is a "public Ivy"). I'm waiting to see if they post about their acceptance to the program and if they will discuss their decision in the thread. I think if someone gets into their dream school, they are more likely to make that decision quickly than if their choices are between a few 2nd and 3rd choice placements - that's what I would do, anyway! 

11 hours ago, BestLobster said:

I saw one MIT DUSP offer posted on Feb 24 on Gradcafe......I wonder if the results are already out? 

The MIT admission was for a PhD, so it is likely that the Masters admissions are still pending.

For US-based Masters, seems like the schools that have released decisions at least partially are:
Rutgers University-New Brunswick; University Of Southern California; Cornell University; Tufts University; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; New York University; University Of Michigan (Ann Arbor); University Of Illinois, Chicago; University Of Minnesota; Georgetown University; University Of Arizona; Hunter College; University Of Utah; Ohio State University; Cal Poly Pomona; Arizona State University; Virginia Commonwealth University; University of Iowa; University of Oregon. 

Feel free to comment with any other leads that I missed. Personally, my application to Rutgers is still under review while others have received offers. I was accepted into Tufts (pending funding) and Cornell ($13k/year) last week. Still waiting on Columbia, Harvard, MIT, Penn, and Rutgers.

5 hours ago, HHSSHH said:

There is one update that one got into MIT on FEB 28. They got a call from admission yesterday afternoon.

That was me! I received a call from a professor in the department—he said formal notifications should be released Thursday of this week. I'm beyond words with excitement, good luck to everyone! 

20 minutes ago, BikeLanes said:

That was me! I received a call from a professor in the department—he said formal notifications should be released Thursday of this week. I'm beyond words with excitement, good luck to everyone! 

Congrats to you, all the best to everyone else

9 minutes ago, smartcitydude said:

Seems very quiet this year!! looking at last year's thread a number of decisions were out already by this time.

Yes and I have been anxious ever since Jan. Hope the results will be out soon…

Asking as a Ph.D. applicant, have you received results from other schools?

Just now, silverz97 said:

Yes and I have been anxious ever since Jan. Hope the results will be out soon…

Asking as a Ph.D. applicant, have you received results from other schools?

Yes for PhD, accepted at Cornell, rejected at Michigan, waitlist at Columbia & UIUC. waiting for Harvard, MIT, UC Berkeley