Fall 2023 Admissions

DeoTank

I posted on the results page a couple of days ago, but for posterity, I was rejected from Toronto after being put on waitlist.

So here goes Round 3 for me. I'm already in the process of reaching out to talk to people about summer fieldwork in my region of interest.

Hopefully, the advisors I wanted to work with are still able to take on a student next year. I'm going to wait at least a few more weeks until I hear back on field plans before bothering them again though lol. It seems best to have some concrete ideas that sound like strong and relevant additions to my CV first. Plus it's still early to be talking about the next admission cycle.

Welp, I emailed the University of Washington one last time to ask if I would be hearing from them prior to the Council of Graduate Schools' April 15th deadline. I also asked them if I would have any chance of receiving funding if they were to decide to admit me following the deadline (which seems like a toss up at this point anyways). Fingers crossed the graduate coordinator actually responds this time, but we shall see...