Fall 2023 Admissions

DeoTank

4 hours ago, Anthropocene said:

I got an invite to interview without contacting them in my email a day or two ago, fwiw.

I remember one of three POI telling me last fall they are moving to a structure where you are advised by the whole department, so it would definitely make since in this case.  So someone who has a project that could be supported across the department could potentially get a call without making a contact.

On 2/19/2023 at 12:08 AM, TinCanBaby said:

Got my USC interview request yesterday after bugging them forever for their timeline . But will say they have been among the few very transparent throughout the process .

assuming rejections from Stanford, Berkeley and Uc Irvine and Penn.  Did not get interviews 

Feel so bad about USC, I prepared for them for the longest time (and I really like their experimental track), but seems even no interview for me. Waiting to be interviewed by UCI, but looks like probably Davis will be my choice. 

27 minutes ago, himy_95 said:

Waitlisted at Yale. Just got email that my status has been updated.

I saw a post in a different forum that they were told that only 2 students were admitted this year due to current students not graduating because if the pandemic. 

Did you apply for sociocultural? 

Hi !! Updates on Yale : rejected (I did an interview two weeks ago I think ?) 

Updates from future supervisor at McGill : I'm iiiiin !!! So so cet glad !!! It was my number 1 choice ! 

No news from Princeton yet but however it goes I'm going to McGill ! 

On 2/18/2023 at 3:49 AM, anthrokiddo said:

My PI wasn’t in the interview panel but I reached out to the professor who contacted me for the interview and they  haven’t gotten back to me (it’s been a couple of days!)

I don’t know what’s going on with the department ?

I too was interviewed on the 27th. (Sociocultural). Reached out to the professor who contacted me for the interview, heard nothing back. Very nervous since the PoI told me that they only take one or two international students maximum. But the hopeful me says that they took the decision for medical anthropology first, since it's a joint program with UCSF. Now probably reviewing the rest of applications. 

On 2/21/2023 at 9:19 AM, WICW said:

I too was interviewed on the 27th. (Sociocultural). Reached out to the professor who contacted me for the interview, heard nothing back. Very nervous since the PoI told me that they only take one or two international students maximum. But the hopeful me says that they took the decision for medical anthropology first, since it's a joint program with UCSF. Now probably reviewing the rest of applications. 

Yeah I haven’t heard back from the professor either! It’s going to be almost a month soon so I’m losing hope. It would be great if at least an acceptance or two for Sociocultural popped up here because that would signal an indirect rejection. It’s hard to live with the uncertainty!

Also, I think there’s like four of us who interviewed at Berkeley on this forum and it seems like no one has heard back (if anyone did and is reading this, please let us know!)

Edited by anthrokiddo

3 minutes ago, anthrokiddo said:

Yeah I haven’t heard back from the professor either! It’s going to be almost a month soon so I’m losing hope. It would be great if at least an acceptance or two for Sociocultural popped up here because that would signal an indirect rejection. It’s hard to live with the uncertainty!

Also, I think there’s like four of us who interviewed at Berkeley on this forum and it seems like no one has heard back (if anyone did and is reading this, please let us know

To which stream you applied to?