Fall 2023 Admissions

DeoTank

10 hours ago, sigfig2000 said:

Awesome!! Best of luck! Did you apply to anthro or the cotsen institute? Also any idea if they interview? I haven’t gotten a straight answer from previous years’ posts. 

I applied to the Anthro dept. i am not sure if they interview.  I plan to email the grad admissions director in Anthro to ask.  Almost All of the other schools have been clear about there being an interview, sometimes standard and other times just if they have further questions.  

i has surgery in the middle of the early application season and never got around to sending all the emails I intended. Mostly reached faculty but want to reach out to grad students and follow up with a few admissions folks in depts.

I am really anxious as well! I applied to 7 doctorate program for anthropology and haven't heard back yet. But based on past years' results, I think it is still too early. I do think that most programs will have interviews though (but I heard it is mostly casual virtual meetings with your POIs). 

Did you apply to Yale? I also applied to a combined Anthro and WGSS program. Didn't know they only take one person though! 

On 12/24/2022 at 6:42 AM, tkb3293 said:

I applied as a transfer. Well I basically applied again cause the current department is not a good fit. I am so nervous cause the place only take one person in their combined Anthro and WGSS PhD 

On 12/24/2022 at 4:28 AM, sigfig2000 said:

I applied to NYU too! Also University of Michigan, Boston University, UNC, UCLA, and Harvard all for arch. 

What's you area of study? Mine's more in the lines of South Asian Prehistory

Yes, I think it’s very early.  I scrolled through the last year’s Anthro results page and it seems mid January is when interviews start rolling out.

Also, the email I received from UCLA said stated specifically:

Decisions will be made as early as mid-February 2023 and are not released simultaneously. We wish you the best during this admissions cycle!

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for starting this thread! I was feeling very alone during this process, not seeing anthro related things on most of the forums here and reddit. I applied to CU Boulder, UMass, UPenn, UOregon, Cornell, and Northwestern (for the socio-cultural track). I wish you all luck on your admissions!

Hi all! Just joined the thread, thank you for starting it! I applied to Harvard, Yale, Brown, Cornell, UMass, UConn, Rutgers, and Brandeis for the socio-cultural track. Feeling very nervous for these next few months but its comforting to know I'm not alone. Wishing the best of luck to everyone!