2023 Application Thread for Communications Program PhD

2 hours ago, commapplicant said:

I also got into the MCS program! So exciting :)

3 hours ago, Tamachan said:

I got in UW-Madison comm arts (RPC)!  I’m in shock! 

Congrats on the acceptances folks!! So excited for you!!

21 hours ago, L93 said:

I guess Cornell has sent their decisions. I got rejected. ?

On 1/30/2023 at 3:48 PM, mcom said:

Got rejection from UMich

Crossing my fingers for better things to come for you folks!! I'm sure the right fit will work out soon ?

Really feeling the fatigue of waiting today. Just want some answers! Hoping we'll get them soon

4 hours ago, k8coms said:

Congrats on the acceptances folks!! So excited for you!!

Crossing my fingers for better things to come for you folks!! I'm sure the right fit will work out soon ?

Really feeling the fatigue of waiting today. Just want some answers! Hoping we'll get them soon

Thank you. Got two more rejections also. Already got an acceptance though. Waiting for some other ones.

On 1/29/2023 at 11:05 AM, HatFinisher said:

Anybody want to claim the Rutgers acceptance from the results page? 

Hi I didn't post that one but I got a Rutgers (Media Studies) acceptance. Still considering and waiting for other schools... This one is really attractive... Good luck!!!

On 1/25/2023 at 4:51 AM, DL3 said:

I haven't posted mine on the results page, but I also interviewed at Cornell and am interviewing at UNC on Friday. Still waiting everywhere else! 

that's great! hope you have a good result! may I know if the program of UNC is housed in the department of communication?

8 hours ago, DL3 said:

Any idea when we may hear from USC or UPenn? Those are the last schools I need to hear from and the wait is killing me lol 

Last year UPenn sent out emails on Friday 11th, so maybe we hear for them today/tomorrow. I am also waiting for UPenn. Not sure about USC tho

Seems like UPenn results are out, at least for some people! Saw one on the results page and a friend of mine got theirs too.

20 hours ago, L93 said:

Last year UPenn sent out emails on Friday 11th, so maybe we hear for them today/tomorrow. I am also waiting for UPenn. Not sure about USC tho

On 2/9/2023 at 11:35 AM, DL3 said:

Any idea when we may hear from USC or UPenn? Those are the last schools I need to hear from and the wait is killing me lol 

Hi all, I've seen some rejections and acceptances to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Comm Arts in gradcafe, but I didn't get any emails so far. I applied to the MCC track. Does this mean that I am on a waitlist?... If anyone is in a similar situation like me, I would really appreciate it if you let me know :)

FYI: I'm also waiting to hear from USC and UCSD... these two schools seem to have shared no communication with any applicants so far...

5 hours ago, Comm23Phd said:

Hi all, I've seen some rejections and acceptances to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Comm Arts in gradcafe, but I didn't get any emails so far. I applied to the MCC track. Does this mean that I am on a waitlist?... If anyone is in a similar situation like me, I would really appreciate it if you let me know :)

FYI: I'm also waiting to hear from USC and UCSD... these two schools seem to have shared no communication with any applicants so far...

haha feels like i'm seeing other ucsd folks everywhere! guess it's a really popular program! hoping we'll hear this week because i have not been doing well with this wait

7 hours ago, k8coms said:

haha feels like i'm seeing other ucsd folks everywhere! guess it's a really popular program! hoping we'll hear this week because i have not been doing well with this wait

I feel you :( this wait is just sooooooo hard to bear! I feel like I'm losing my mind... I hope we get to hear from the rest of the schools within this week. Fingers crossed!

On 2/4/2023 at 3:10 AM, DowlCoop said:

Hi I didn't post that one but I got a Rutgers (Media Studies) acceptance. Still considering and waiting for other schools... This one is really attractive... Good luck!!!

Hey mate - thought you were invited to the Rutgers recruitment day, are you going to attend that event?