2023 Application Thread for Communications Program PhD

5 hours ago, DL3 said:

Hi! I'm nervous but trying to relax at least through the holidays, as I feel like we'll all have more information in January! How about you? 

Same haha I assume we will get some replies mid of January. I only applied to 2 schools and they usually send their decisions mid of February. Still, this waiting is a torture. ?

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Siauiat said:

I have submitted for like seven schools. Both r/gradadmission on Reddit and here are like ghost towns currently.

Yeah, not sure it that means that there are less applicants this year. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we revive this thread? It's mind-boggling just how dead this forum is compared to last year.

Anyways, hi! I applied to about 10 programs, mostly top schools. Already got rejected from Stanford and haven't heard back from anywhere else. Has anyone been admitted yet?

3 hours ago, goldflakez said:

Can we revive this thread? It's mind-boggling just how dead this forum is compared to last year.

Anyways, hi! I applied to about 10 programs, mostly top schools. Already got rejected from Stanford and haven't heard back from anywhere else. Has anyone been admitted yet?

Yeah waiting alone is not a good feeling. I also got rejected by Stanford.  Had 2 rounds of interviews with UW-Madison but haven’t heard anything else yet. Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, Tamachan said:

Yeah waiting alone is not a good feeling. I also got rejected by Stanford.  Had 2 rounds of interviews with UW-Madison but haven’t heard anything else yet. Good luck everyone!

I know right, getting pretty crazy over here. Congrats on the interviews, that's a great sign! 

I'm yet to hear anything at all from my schools ?

Hi everyone! Just chiming in to commiserate about not hearing anything yet. I applied to three comm programs (+ other programs in other fields) at UPenn, UMich, and UCSD. I'm not too worried based on previous years' trends, but augh the wait is killing me!

Happy to have found you folks!

9 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

Hi everyone! Just chiming in to commiserate about not hearing anything yet. I applied to three comm programs (+ other programs in other fields) at UPenn, UMich, and UCSD. I'm not too worried based on previous years' trends, but augh the wait is killing me!

Also applied to UMich and UCSD! The wait is totally killing me. With the dates I've seen from previous years creeping closer I can't stop checking!

Forgot to add -- I also applied to two Canadian programs (currently studying in my MA in Canada), but I don't expect to hear from those for a while due to much later deadlines (Jan 15 and Feb 1).

Hi, I applied to Cornell as well but haven't heard anything from them. Did you get any interview invitation or something similar? Saw a couple of posts on the result page stating an interview invitation from Cornell, afraid they might have selected their shortlists already

2 hours ago, L93 said:

Finally some activity on this thread haha. I applied only to Cornell and UPenn in States. Good luck to everyone!

Hi, I applied to Cornell as well but haven't heard anything from them. Did you get any interview invitation or something similar? Saw a couple of posts on the result page stating an interview invitation from Cornell, afraid they might have selected their shortlists already

1 hour ago, Sanctimonia said:

Hey, I have also seen those posts on results page, but havent posted mine. I also received interview invite for this week.

18 minutes ago, Sanctimonia said:

Thank you for the info! Congratulations on the interview! Then I guess they've finished sending out invitations TT

Thank you. ? Maybe they haven't finished sending invitations. Don't lose hope

14 hours ago, k8coms said:

Happy to have found you folks!

Also applied to UMich and UCSD! The wait is totally killing me. With the dates I've seen from previous years creeping closer I can't stop checking!

10 hours ago, L93 said:

Finally some activity on this thread haha. I applied only to Cornell and UPenn in States. Good luck to everyone!

UMich/UCSD/UPenn solidarity! Good luck to both of you as we await results ?

4 hours ago, DL3 said:

I haven't posted mine on the results page, but I also interviewed at Cornell and am interviewing at UNC on Friday. Still waiting everywhere else! 

Nice to hear that! How did the interview go? 

Hi folks! I just finished an interview with Cornell (also applied to UCSB, UCSD and UPenn and haven't heard back yet from any of them ugh). Absolute bundle of nerves and I'm quite sure I botched the interview, but timeline-wise, I learned that the faculty have until the end of this week/early next to conduct interviews, and they'll be sending out a first round of decisions by later next week. I think I know what decision I'm going to get (screams) but hopefully yall have better luck!!