American Studies Fall 2023

gloops26

4 hours ago, Ҡ?ℜєƘą?í said:

I placed Michigan on my calendar for the first week of March at the outside but expect to hear before then. 

I think historically (at least according to the result board), they usually release there decision between first and second week of February. If that's the case, we should find out next week. 

5 hours ago, warmsoup said:

Does anyone know any details about NYU? wondering if all hope is lost without an interview (even though there's only been one interview posted so far)

I am also wondering this. Has anyone else been interviewed? Does the American Studies admissions committee interview all applicants it's considering admitting?

13 hours ago, mmarciel said:

I am also wondering this. Has anyone else been interviewed? Does the American Studies admissions committee interview all applicants it's considering admitting?

18 hours ago, warmsoup said:

Does anyone know any details about NYU? wondering if all hope is lost without an interview (even though there's only been one interview posted so far)

I am not sure and been wondering the same. I am hoping we hear something next week. 

I was accepted to the Masters programs at University of New Mexico. I will wait as long as I can for results from the other PhD. programs to decide. By looking here I am realizing many have their masters already when applying for PhD. So the smart choice may be to get my masters then go further. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Jdkhfujs said:

Got an email and call yesterday evening from the Graduate Director saying I got in! I did an interview less than two weeks ago. 

Congratulations!! Interesting that you got the acceptance on a Sunday! Does your portal reflect your acceptance yet? I'm wondering if all other interviews and acceptances have happened already alongside yours?

Congrats @Jdkhfujs! Yeah, same question as above if you're willing to answer. Did they mention anything during the interview about a shortlist of folks that were being interviewed/ anything when they called you that might hint that not everyone accepted was being interviewed? NYU from previous years seems to always take forever to drop their rejections so it would just be nice to close this chapter regardless and move on. again, congrats!

1 hour ago, mmarciel said:

Congratulations!! Interesting that you got the acceptance on a Sunday! Does your portal reflect your acceptance yet? I'm wondering if all other interviews and acceptances have happened already alongside yours?

Thanks and not yet! The director said over the phone I should receive the offer and financial package letter on Tuesday, after the long weekend here (President’s Day).

Not sure about acceptances, but I do believe all interviews have happened. The day I interviewed, there were some others as well, based on the poll I took to pick a time.

39 minutes ago, warmsoup said:

Congrats @Jdkhfujs! Yeah, same question as above if you're willing to answer. Did they mention anything during the interview about a shortlist of folks that were being interviewed/ anything when they called you that might hint that not everyone accepted was being interviewed? NYU from previous years seems to always take forever to drop their rejections so it would just be nice to close this chapter regardless and move on. again, congrats!

Thanks @warmsoup! I think it would be safe to say they interviewed everyone who got accepted, only because in their email asking me to answer their poll on interview availability slots, there was a gentle emphasis on clearing my schedule because it was important and faculty may not be flexible due to busy schedules.

Actually, now that I recall, I think I remember the director saying there were 6 people total accepted for this year (@mmarciel) but I was a mess of adrenaline so take that with a grain of salt. But pretty confident now that’s what she said.

Good luck!