American Studies Fall 2023

gloops26

Is anyone applying to American Studies programs this cycle? I thought I'd start a thread. 

I'm applying to 6 American Studies programs, 3 Ethnic Studies programs, and 2 Gender & Women's Studies programs. 

Edited by guadalupeort26
clarification & typo

On 12/21/2022 at 12:57 PM, guadalupeort26 said:

Is anyone applying to American Studies programs this cycle? I thought I'd start a thread. 

I'm applying to 6 American Studies programs, 3 Ethnic Studies programs, and 2 Gender & Women's Studies programs. 

i applied to one american studies program, did you apply to any MAs or only PhDs?

18 hours ago, delirious said:

Did anyone apply to Berkeley ethnic studies/hear any updates?

I did too but was told that we would hear back sometime at the end of this month or next month

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GradforGrad said:

You applied last cycle, right? I think I remember you. How is this current cycle treating you? I've received an invite to interview with Rutgers. Still waiting 3 other programs. 

Hi I remember you too! I have gotten an invitation to interview/admission event to UCI's global studies, haven't heard from any other programs yet!

14 minutes ago, periwinklerage said:

For those who applied to Brown, does your portal reflect your decision yet? I applied but have received neither a rejection or acceptance. Not sure what that means or if I should expect a rejection email later today.

Just checked my portal and it does not show a decision.