MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

Hey everyone, i know we are all eagerly waiting to hear from UofT for health promotion stream. I just spoke to DLSPH's graduate office and the representative told me that they received the list for successful candidates for MPH's three streams together and they were processing other streams last two weeks while they also had a staff changeover as well. She said Suzanne was right in her predictions, it is just that the graduate school office is behind schedule. They have started processing applications for health promotion stream this week, so letters will go out by the end of this week or next week. She also said that the other two streams had a long list of applicants, which is why it took them a while to process. 

20 hours ago, winter509 said:

To anyone that hasn't gotten a response from UBC yet: should we assume rejected or waitlist? I'm so confused because I see people say they've gotten acceptances and rejections weeks ago but I don't even have an update on my portal.

I am in the same boat. Portal shows that application is still in progress and haven't heard anything from UBC. Talked to a few people on reddit and they said 10th was the last date for applicant to confirm enrollment and 24th april is the last date to submit the initial deposit. UBC might send another round of offers after that date whether it's acceptances or rejections. Apart from this idk, just feeling anxious a lot.

1 hour ago, Popcorn21 said:

i think this was second wave, first wave was mid-end of March. I could be wrong

Ohh okay, thank you! I did see someone got in mid-March, but I wasn't sure if that was first-wave or not since I only saw one person on reddit say they got accepted. Thanks for clarifying!

9 hours ago, chlorophyll said:

Hey, y'all! I'm still waiting to hear from UofT Health Promo, and I am super concerned because one of my offer deposit deadlines is next Monday. Is anybody else in the same boat? 

Hey! Firstly, congrats on your other offer! What an accomplishment! ❤️ 

Have you tried emailing the dept? I know some people in the past have been straightforward about their timelines and asked to receive an update so they can make a decision. Also, since they have the list of people who have been accepted already, I don't see that it would be a problem for them to disclose over email! Definitely worth a try! Best of luck! 🤞

On 4/17/2023 at 1:56 PM, Popcorn21 said:

Hey everyone, i know we are all eagerly waiting to hear from UofT for health promotion stream. I just spoke to DLSPH's graduate office and the representative told me that they received the list for successful candidates for MPH's three streams together and they were processing other streams last two weeks while they also had a staff changeover as well. She said Suzanne was right in her predictions, it is just that the graduate school office is behind schedule. They have started processing applications for health promotion stream this week, so letters will go out by the end of this week or next week. She also said that the other two streams had a long list of applicants, which is why it took them a while to process. 

You don't know how much this puts us at ease! Thank you so much for always sharing these updates! We really appreciate it ❤️ 

Lets hope that this week is the week! 🤞

does anyone have any insight into how important the actual stats requirement grade is? i got a B+ (79) in my intro to stats course which just hits the minimum requirement for most schools, but I'm unsure if that's a glaring issue. my overall gpa is a lot higher than that and I've done well in my research methods and thesis course (high 80's, low 90's).

13 hours ago, summelon2 said:

Hey! Firstly, congrats on your other offer! What an accomplishment! ❤️ 

Have you tried emailing the dept? I know some people in the past have been straightforward about their timelines and asked to receive an update so they can make a decision. Also, since they have the list of people who have been accepted already, I don't see that it would be a problem for them to disclose over email! Definitely worth a try! Best of luck! 🤞

Thank you for the great advice!! I'll probably be emailing them soon! 💕

16 minutes ago, allydaagator said:

Talk about timing, congrats ! Was it to your email or just the status change? Guess any time now...

Thx! I got an email both on my personal email I applied with and the email Lakehead gave. Good Luck!!!