Taking the GRE Tomorrow...

jblsmith

Yes, do ANYTHING but study today. Give your brain a rest. Hang out with friends, go for a walk, watch a movie. It will calm your nerves, and help you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Yeah, last night I was stressing out so bad I had to have a Jameson and water to cool my nerves so I could sleep.

Yeah, just relax today. Make sure that you eat well before the test. Perhaps if you wanted, you could do some practice questions tomorrow just to get you in the frame of mind for the test.

I always study the night before the test, but I don't cram--just do a quick review of things I've already learned. Eat a high protein breakfast the day of, and (as others have already said) TAKE A WALK. Just enough to make you slightly short of breath--that will get the oxygen up to your brain in just the right quantity without making you tired.

Yeah, just relax today. Make sure that you eat well before the test. Perhaps if you wanted, you could do some practice questions tomorrow just to get you in the frame of mind for the test.

I agree, do some practice problems in the morning, just a handful or so. I forget where I read this, but someone made the point that you don't want the first GRE problems you do that day to actually count.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Nigerian planning to write GRE this december. am planning to go for m.sc geography in the folowing schools; Udelware, Uwisconsin Madison,Penn State Uni,Univ of Idaho and USak (canada).

Please I would like to know if there is anyone with info on required GRE scores/or how well do i need to score and other things I should know.

if u care u can reply to olusolaadeyemi@hotmail.com

This is just a guess.

I assume geography is a science that is midway between the most math intensive sciences (astronomy, physics) and the least math intensive sciences (anthropology or psychology ???).

Also, you've picked mainly mid- to upper-mid-level universities.

Going on that information, I'd GUESS you need something like:

a Verbal score of 480 or higher, preferably 550 or higher, and

a Quantitative score of 700 or better.

The AW score is not too important for most programs, as long as you score a 4.0 or better. And if you get super scores in the other areas, or if your application is otherwise excellent (great references, great SOP), then the AW score doesn't matter at all.

Just a guess.

If you can provide more information, I'm sure other posters who are informed about Geography as a discipline can give you more accurate advice.

Edited by DrFaustus666