PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

Same here! I was rejected from the Harvard PhD PHS Epi.

I just checked my application portal after reading your updates. My best wished for the ones who got accepted and waitlisted!

Anyone have the issue of not being able to open the Harvard decision letter (for DrPH)? 😅 Currently have this problem on my phone and laptop. I can login but it says error for the decision letter and I can't open anything. 

Just now, Cm2223 said:

Anyone have the issue of not being able to open the Harvard decision letter (for DrPH)? 😅 Currently have this problem on my phone and laptop. I can login but it says error for the decision letter and I can't open anything. 

Yes! You need to clear your cache. If you can use a different browser (i.e. Chrome or Safari), try that. Also, try someone else's computer or your work computer, etc. 

7 hours ago, Mamitis said:

Oh my gosh! Well, that's something, right? Fingers crossed. 

Yes, thank you! Was prepared to be rejected but didn't really consider being waitlisted so it's a bit weird... this is probably the only program I will accept, so I guess I will have to cross my fingers until the final decision in May!

Sending lots of good thoughts to everyone who hasn't got the decision that they want.... I was rejected outright from the DrPH at Harvard last time I applied, so I definitely know what its like. I think there are many paths to the success for all of us - this is just another bump in the road. x

9 hours ago, dinklebergPH said:

any more UIC updates? How many students do they admit? I haven't heard back and starting to feel like i'm going to get rejected.

I just heard back from UIC this week with an acceptance for the DrPH program. Communication is probably going out in waves

3 hours ago, Ikigai1896 said:

People who were accepted or waitlisted in Hopkins and Harvard PhD in epi, do you mind DMing me or responding to this comment with your profile (type and years of experience, # publication etc )? Really want to get all the info I can incase I try again

Feel free to reach out. 🤍

Hi Hi! I interviewed with NYU for the SBS PhD in late January. I see a few rejections coming through yesterday and there was mention of some offers last week. I still haven't heard back-- anyone else in the same position? 

39 minutes ago, marengue said:

Hi Hi! I interviewed with NYU for the SBS PhD in late January. I see a few rejections coming through yesterday and there was mention of some offers last week. I still haven't heard back-- anyone else in the same position? 

Same, I didn't get a rejection nor an acceptance. I guess we are quietly being waitlisted. 

On 2/12/2024 at 12:07 PM, EquityDoctor said:

I applied residential, afterwards they said they would have decisions out early-mid February.

I received my acceptance letter from GW this week for the DrPH program, so it seems like notifications are going out

1 minute ago, aDrPH said:

I received my acceptance letter from GW this week for the DrPH program, so it seems like notifications are going out

Congratulations! I'm hoping I hear back this week or next week (I applied for the online DrPH program).

7 minutes ago, publichealth_0995 said:

Has anyone heard back from Drexel Health Services Research & Policy PhD? I saw someone write about seeing a rejection for Drexel's Epi PhD on their portal but I don't think I even have access to said portal? 

I also was confused about the portal. I never received a portal link for drexel. I emailed admissions and they said next week results will be emailed.  I did not interview so I am assuming its a rejection

6 hours ago, Ikigai1896 said:

People who were accepted or waitlisted in Hopkins and Harvard PhD in epi, do you mind DMing me or responding to this comment with your profile (type and years of experience, # publication etc )? Really want to get all the info I can incase I try again

Sure! I found it very helpful when participants from previous years shared their info. This is my first time applying but I prepared my application based on their profiles.

Admission offer: JHU Epi

Previous master: Yes, MPH - Epi

GPA: 3.9 (MPH)

Years of experience: 3 after masters (research, field work and policy in USA, LMICs and a UN related organization)

Pubs: 16 papers published (8 as first author and 1 was featured in the Lancet Global Health) and ~8 papers under review

Grants: 1 active where I am PI

Citizenship: International applicant

GRE: No

Happy to provide any other information if you send me a PM 😃