PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

16 minutes ago, Atila said:

Thanks. It’s Georgia State University School of Public Health. 

oh no I meant did you apply to their neighboring schools . I believe Georgia southern and UGA don't require interviews for the application process which I think is kinda nice. A little less nerve racking. Unless I think so. 

13 minutes ago, dinklebergPH said:

oh no I meant did you apply to their neighboring schools . I believe Georgia southern and UGA don't require interviews for the application process which I think is kinda nice. A little less nerve racking. Unless I think so. 

Oh I see. I did apply to UGA as well. No communication yet. Finger crossed 🤞😀

27 minutes ago, PhDEpi said:

Any news from the CVD epidemiology track at UNC or JHU?

JHU should have their decision next week. I am waiting for UNC CVD as well.

1 hour ago, PublicHealthSLP said:

That’s awesome! Congrats!

Did you apply if so when? I applied as well in Dec but not as early. Mines as well says under review 

On 2/6/2024 at 9:39 AM, publichealth13 said:

Has anyone heard back from BU about the Feb 16 visit day after the first round interview? For health law, policy & management department. They said they'd send an email update on Feb 5, but I didn't see anything come through. Thanks!

Waiting on this too, i don't see anyone posting about BU's visit anywhere else either.

3 minutes ago, PublicHealthSLP said:

Yes - hoping to hear some good news soon! 

Awesome! Me, too! Did you interview? I heard some JHU DrPH applicants had interviews, but I didn't see anyone from the HESJ track . . . Curious if you had one.

1 hour ago, carolinebb33 said:

Anyone heard back from NYU SBS? I did the interview on 1/22 and they said I may expect to hear back from them last week. All I got is an invite to their career panel, which i think all applicants get.

I know someone who got accepted to the SBS track last week!

5 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

Awesome! Me, too! Did you interview? I heard some JHU DrPH applicants had interviews, but I didn't see anyone from the HESJ track . . . Curious if you had one.

Great!! Best of luck to you! I did not interview, but from looking at past cycles of applicants, I don’t believe interviews are overly common in this program, unlike other DrPH programs. I believe it’s possible to still be accepted without an interview (I think haha). 

On 2/6/2024 at 9:39 AM, publichealth13 said:

Has anyone heard back from BU about the Feb 16 visit day after the first round interview? For health law, policy & management department. They said they'd send an email update on Feb 5, but I didn't see anything come through. Thanks!

Unfortunately not, still waiting. Probably the program that's causing me the most stress right now. But they seem like nice people so hoping to hear from them soon!