PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

25 minutes ago, srhpublichealth8 said:

Has anyone heard back from Brown BSHS after interviewing? I saw some acceptances on the results page but haven't heard anything yet... bracing myself for a rejection now 😕

Have you emailed the program director to see when they’ll respond? 

is anyone just a little delulu (like me) when looking at the admissions results page? I saw a couple acceptances for Brown Epi on that page but… are they real.. are they not? The academic coordinator said they typically release decisions mid February when I emailed her a while back. 

has anyone gotten a decision after interviewing for the program?

Edited by manifesthb

58 minutes ago, manifesthb said:

is anyone just a little delulu (like me) when looking at the admissions results page? I saw a couple acceptances for Brown Epi on that page but… are they real.. are they not? The academic coordinator said they typically release decisions mid February when I emailed her a while back. 

has anyone gotten a decision after interviewing for the program?

I am also wondering about that. Because they said they would send out decisions last week. I know they said if you got an interview your will either be accepted or waitlisted. If they have sent acceptances out it would be nice to know that I’ve been waitlisted. 

2 minutes ago, EnvHEpi said:

I am also wondering about that. Because they said they would send out decisions last week. I know they said if you got an interview your will either be accepted or waitlisted. If they have sent acceptances out it would be nice to know that I’ve been waitlisted. 

Did you hear about this in the session with the dean? Or, a private interview with her? I don’t remember at all hearing the waitlist comment nor decisions being released last week. 

I could take one for the team and ask another slightly leading question to the academic coordinator😂

2 hours ago, EnvHEpi said:

Tbh it's driving me nuts!! I'm so eager to hear back and I feel like every day could be the day 😭

Had my screening interview with UCI. If you already did with UCI, can you message me? I am curious about everyone's experience. My interview went very well because the interviewers were too nice so I was unable to read them. I don't know if they are just being professional or actually found me interesting. 

Edited by PhDPursuit

4 hours ago, manifesthb said:

Did you hear about this in the session with the dean? Or, a private interview with her? I don’t remember at all hearing the waitlist comment nor decisions being released last week. 

I could take one for the team and ask another slightly leading question to the academic coordinator😂

She told me when she interviewed me, but it seems like things have been delayed 🤷🏽‍♀️

2 hours ago, PhDPursuit said:

Had my screening interview with UCI. If you already did with UCI, can you message me? I am curious about everyone's experience. My interview went very well because the interviewers were too nice so I was unable to read them. I don't know if they are just being professional or actually found me interesting. 

I had an interview with them last week. They choose you to interview because they are genuinely interested in you. I would take it as a good sign. The professors also do seem really nice too. 

28 minutes ago, lion123 said:

Hello! Congrats on your acceptance :) I was also accepted to UIC DrPH and am excited about the program. I thought the date to reply with a decision was a little early (March 1). Wondering if you were concerned at all about that too?

Very, but I get it. UIC is high on my list, but I still have to hear from my #1. As much as I think it's a good fit I'll probably declining on March 1 (when I expect other decisions to come in), and give the rest of the applicant pool a fair chance. I was considering asking for an extension to decide, but ultimately will probably not end up there. The timing of these decisions is tough!

14 hours ago, EnvHEpi said:

I had an interview with them last week. They choose you to interview because they are genuinely interested in you. I would take it as a good sign. The professors also do seem really nice too. 

Did they tell you when they will reply? Who interviewed you? 

9 hours ago, lion123 said:

Hello! Congrats on your acceptance :) I was also accepted to UIC DrPH and am excited about the program. I thought the date to reply with a decision was a little early (March 1). Wondering if you were concerned at all about that too?

Congratulations when did you apply?🫣

3 hours ago, JanayAlexis said:

Got an interview invitation on 1/26 for Georgia state and interviewed 2/2. I think it went well but patiently waiting to grease back. PhD epidemiology. Has anyone else interviewed?

Wow! You got accepted by several programs! Congratulations!