PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

10 hours ago, DrPH2024 said:

Very, but I get it. UIC is high on my list, but I still have to hear from my #1. As much as I think it's a good fit I'll probably declining on March 1 (when I expect other decisions to come in), and give the rest of the applicant pool a fair chance. I was considering asking for an extension to decide, but ultimately will probably not end up there. The timing of these decisions is tough!

Do you know how much UIC DrPH tuition cost is? I know it's 96 semester  hours for about 3.5 years.(for those who don't hold an MPH but up to 32 semesters hours can be credited for those who do hold an MPH.)

1 hour ago, BZG said:

Do you know how much UIC DrPH tuition cost is? I know it's 96 semester  hours for about 3.5 years.(for those who don't hold an MPH but up to 32 semesters hours can be credited for those who do hold an MPH.)

I saw 65k total somewhere

47 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

First notification from a program: Rejected from BU DrPH 

I thought that would be the case because I was not interviewed. It was also the program I was least interested in, so that's not such a bad thing. :)

Good luck to everyone! And congratulations to those of you who are accepted!

Sorry to hear that, but best of luck to you with your other applications! 

On 2/8/2024 at 11:17 AM, pubhealth123 said:

I have emailed the academic coordinator at Brown Epi for an update on the timeline and will let y'all know if / when a response comes! Please do the same if you hear something - this wait is just so awful. 

Did you hear back from the coordinator?

4 hours ago, manifesthb said:

Did you hear back from the coordinator?

Nope - I am honestly just more confused than ever at this point about what the timeline looks like and if those acceptances posted on the results page are legit. If someone else wants to email too, maybe there is strength in numbers. Otherwise, I am planning to follow-up in the middle of next week again because this wait is beyond brutal. 

38 minutes ago, pubhealth123 said:

Nope - I am honestly just more confused than ever at this point about what the timeline looks like and if those acceptances posted on the results page are legit. If someone else wants to email too, maybe there is strength in numbers. Otherwise, I am planning to follow-up in the middle of next week again because this wait is beyond brutal. 

I wouldn’t take those on the page too seriously! People are equally likely to report it more elaborately over here because of the added benefit of potentially identifying cohort mates 

Looks like by this time last year all Harvard PHS decisions were already out but rn no decisions are out. Yes, they say by February 23rd on their website but they usually always say a day farther out than when they actually expect to notify applicants, presumably so they have a buffer period before they are inundated with admissions result emails. Anyone (e.g. someone currently there or who knows adcom) have insight as to if they are actually planning to notify around the 23rd this year? If there are shorter or longer delays? Thanks!

1 hour ago, ratatatta said:

Looks like by this time last year all Harvard PHS decisions were already out but rn no decisions are out. Yes, they say by February 23rd on their website but they usually always say a day farther out than when they actually expect to notify applicants, presumably so they have a buffer period before they are inundated with admissions result emails. Anyone (e.g. someone currently there or who knows adcom) have insight as to if they are actually planning to notify around the 23rd this year? If there are shorter or longer delays? Thanks!

When I contacted adcom they stuck to that precise date

2 hours ago, ratatatta said:

The weird thing is that they’re welcoming newly admitted students in an instagram post from yesterday. Other degree programs or concentrations, maybe? 

On 2/8/2024 at 9:47 AM, lion123 said:

Hello! Congrats on your acceptance :) I was also accepted to UIC DrPH and am excited about the program. I thought the date to reply with a decision was a little early (March 1). Wondering if you were concerned at all about that too?

Oops I already asked my apologies! Congratulations again 😊

Edited by BZG
Already asked the question

1 hour ago, MimiNMe said:

The weird thing is that they’re welcoming newly admitted students in an instagram post from yesterday. Other degree programs or concentrations, maybe? 

This is quite strange 🥲 I mean my optimism is telling me that’s for masters students. But strange nevertheless that they wouldn’t wait for everyone to be accepted first. 

On 1/31/2024 at 6:16 AM, healthoutcomes said:

Has anybody heard anything back from any of the PhD programs at UTSW SPH? I was interviewed about a month ago but they could not give me an estimation on when decisions would be made.

Just wanted to follow up on this:

On 2/9/2024 at 7:45 PM, pubhealth123 said:

I’ll follow up likely end of next week if we don’t hear back. Didn’t someone say that if we were invited to interview day that you’re either accepted or on the wait list?