SSRC IDRF 2010-2011

moinonplus

I like Laska's attitude.... should I get a rejection letter, I will definitely hold a ritualized burning of said letter.

I swallowed hard, opened my mail box today, and.... it was empty. I sighed with relief, before realizing it is Presidents' Day.

Suspense is killng me...I received a request for transcripts on January 28 and no communication since then. Three of my friends who applied got their rejection letters last friday (all in Michigan) and none of them was asked for transcripts...I remain hopeful though

I like Laska's attitude.... should I get a rejection letter, I will definitely hold a ritualized burning of said letter.

I swallowed hard, opened my mail box today, and.... it was empty. I sighed with relief, before realizing it is Presidents' Day.

Suspense is killng me...I received a request for transcripts on January 28 and no communication since then. Three of my friends who applied got their rejection letters last friday (all in Michigan) and none of them was asked for transcripts...I remain hopeful though

I got the request too. I'm not expecting to hear anything until at least the middle of next month, though (though I don't have any basis for that expectation other than timetables for other grants and previous years).

If you have received a request for transcripts, forget about hearing anything else until May. I emailed the SSRC-IDRF folks asking about the update we were supposed to receive in February, and they consider the request for transcripts in itself to be a notice of status.

I got the request too. I'm not expecting to hear anything until at least the middle of next month, though (though I don't have any basis for that expectation other than timetables for other grants and previous years).

• 1 month later...

I just talked to Sam Zief at the IDRF office and he says everyone will know by next week. Fingers crossed!

OMG OMG OMG! Good luck to all--- I am fairly certain I will not be sleeping in the coming days.

yay, i caved in yesterday night and finally looked at a forum about this to try to get a clue about when we might be finding out. and the next day i got an acceptance letter in my e-mail. what a relief. ALTHOUGH i must say that it's not wholly a meritocratic process -- there's a lot of luck involved. i hardly feel deserving.

Congratulations to all those who received offers.

Taking a poll:

If I haven't yet received an email, how likely is it that I will not be receiving an offer?

(FYI: I received the transcript request in February, so I at least made the first cut...was hoping this was a good sign)

Do you think they send out all the offer emails at the same time or could there possibly be a delay? (Don't crush my hopes! haha!)

oh, darn. I didn't get an email this afternoon. and no matter how many times i checked each of my three inboxes, the email i was looking for never arrived. I am betting my rejection letter is on its way. I'll post when it gets here.

Congrats to all of you that got good news today! It's been a long strange trip but you all deserve it! :)

Received a transcript request in February as well but no email notification or hard copy letter as of yet. Will post once I receive something.

Congratulations to all who received an award!

oh, darn. I didn't get an email this afternoon. and no matter how many times i checked each of my three inboxes, the email i was looking for never arrived. I am betting my rejection letter is on its way. I'll post when it gets here.

Congrats to all of you that got good news today! It's been a long strange trip but you all deserve it! :)

P.S. Does anyone know if they send comments with rejections, like Wenner-Gren does???

i know two people who got awards via email on Monday. Apparently alternates heard via email Tuesday. I'm looking out for my rejection via snail mail this week. :(

I received my rejection letter, via snail mail, to my permanent address (in NH). The upside was that Reviewer Comments were included.... I plan on making some revisions and reaplying next year. Congrats to those that received the Grant! :)