Fall 2011 Chemistry

tso123d

920 is just 98%, one of my classmates got full score.

Regarding your signature, where you listed universities under "withdraw," are those universities you applied but you "withdrew" your admission before you found out your admission decision at those universities or you found out you got accepted but turned them down to attend Northwestern? I'm just wondering since I have lower statistics than you and I want to eyeball my chances for PhD in Chemistry admissions. Thank you very much in advance. :)

I have heard nothing from these schools. Northwestern is my dream school, so I have decided to enter NWU. I withdrew my application before I received more rejection letters.cool.gif

Regarding your signature, where you listed universities under "withdraw," are those universities you applied but you "withdrew" your admission before you found out your admission decision at those universities or you found out you got accepted but turned them down to attend Northwestern? I'm just wondering since I have lower statistics than you and I want to eyeball my chances for PhD in Chemistry admissions. Thank you very much in advance. :)

GPA >3.6, TOFEL>105, GRE>1300, GRE Chem>95%

Hmmm...I'm very optimistic about TAMU as well but i'm yet to hear from them.Just curious, can you give us an idea of what you friend's profile is like

Hi guys--

Has anyone heard from UCLA chemistry and biochemistry (Deadline was Jan 15)?

I am asking for my friend who is international. Thanks!

I was accepted by them on the 9th. I'm inorganic materials, I'm not sure if that will make a difference, but I turned in my application on January 14th, so I was surprised to hear back so soon.

I wouldn't bet your chances based on stats. I thought my GRE scores were questionably low for the schools I applied to, but ended up being admitted everywhere. Research experience and references letters are much greater determinants of application success.

(I'm international, but native english speaking, so I'm not sure about the effect of TOFEL scores)

I was accepted by them on the 9th. I'm inorganic materials, I'm not sure if that will make a difference, but I turned in my application on January 14th, so I was surprised to hear back so soon.

Wow--Congratulations on that!

May I ask what your stats look like? My friend applied to the biochemistry one. don't know if they process differently. Do you happen to have any idea how many international students they might accept?

Wow--Congratulations on that!

May I ask what your stats look like? My friend applied to the biochemistry one. don't know if they process differently. Do you happen to have any idea how many international students they might accept?

I added them to my signature. I'm a domestic student. I'm a girl. I got a publication just in time (it was taken as an advance article in November). I suspect my recommendations were pretty stellar. I didn't start doing research til my junior year, though.

I added them to my signature. I'm a domestic student. I'm a girl. I got a publication just in time (it was taken as an advance article in November). I suspect my recommendations were pretty stellar. I didn't start doing research til my junior year, though.

What kind of chemistry do you do?

EDIT: Nevermind :)

Edited by drums7890

Is there a reason why you put an exclamation mark next to UCLA in your signature? Did you have a full fellowship at UCLA without the need to be a TA at UCLA?

Is there a reason why you put an exclamation mark next to UCLA in your signature? Did you have a full fellowship at UCLA without the need to be a TA at UCLA?

Just because it's my top choice and I'm super excited. BTW, for people who are still waiting to hear, their visiting days are February 25 (deadline to tell them has passed), March 11th, and April 1st.

Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum and I'm trying to glean whether or not MIT or Columbia has sent out admissions/rejections for inorganic/bioinorganic chemistry. I was accepted to JHU, UNC, UPenn, and Harvard back in January so I'm a bit nervous about these other two.

If I haven't heard by now, does that mean I should assume rejection?

--peace--

Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum and I'm trying to glean whether or not MIT or Columbia has sent out admissions/rejections for inorganic/bioinorganic chemistry. I was accepted to JHU, UNC, UPenn, and Harvard back in January so I'm a bit nervous about these other two.

--peace--

MIT doesn't seem to have send out rejections for inorganic chem. I'm kind of just functioning on the assumption that schools who still haven't told me anything aren't going to accept me.

Hi guys,

--peace--

Unfortunately, this does mean that you didn't make it at Columbia. Several of us have called and been told that if you didn't receive an acceptance by now, you're out. If you call the department program coordinator, Alix Lamia, she will tell you the status of your application. MIT seems to have only rejected organic by now but its not good if you haven't heard back. Still, congratulations on Harvard!

I applied to Georgia Tech but I am yet to hear from them.

Anyone heard from UArizona and TAMU yet?

I got an accept frm GaTech last week...

TAMU has sent a mail stating admission decision will be given before 1st march..

I am still waiting for UT-Austin.. Any Clue if no reply frm them yet means a reject??

ps- i hv applied for organic Chem...

Out of curiosity, has anyone been rejected from Northwestern yet? I called them today and they said my application was with the admissions committee and that they still plan to admit more students. However, based on their acceptances last year, I am rather skeptical of this...