What are your professional plans following the completion of your graduate study?

So one of the schools I am applying to has, in addition to the SOP, a space on the application that asks, "What are your professional plans following the completion of your graduate study?"

I feel like I've covered this to some extent in my SOP, but I don't want to copy and paste. What do you think they are looking for here? Obviously, I want to be a professor when I graduate. So, I intent to get a job at a university. I also want to do research, etc. But, I don't know. I guess I'm just confused as to why they ask the question twice.

So one of the schools I am applying to has, in addition to the SOP, a space on the application that asks, "What are your professional plans following the completion of your graduate study?"

I feel like I've covered this to some extent in my SOP, but I don't want to copy and paste. What do you think they are looking for here? Obviously, I want to be a professor when I graduate. So, I intent to get a job at a university. I also want to do research, etc. But, I don't know. I guess I'm just confused as to why they ask the question twice.

You do not need to copy and paste it from your SOP but you don't have to think of something completely new either. Just put the same idea in other words.

Are you sure that you absulutely must enter something in this box to submit the application? If you do not have to and you have this question covered in your SOP, just do not write anything in that box. It will be fine.

Why do they ask this question again? They probably think that someone won't answer it in his/her SOP, I guess...