HGSE Fall 2011

TDGirl84

Hi. I'm also applying to the Ed.D program in Culture, Communities and Education; have an M.S. in TESOL. And a question.

Does anyone know how and where we upload our resumes? I see in the instructions that we're supposed to have one, but have looked all through the application and can't find where to upload it.

Thanks!

my program of choice is Ed.M. in Arts in Education. My background is mostly in the arts, only a little bit of an education.

@TESOLady there should be an "employment" section of the online application. At the top it has a place to upload your resume and then below that you type out "Employment 1, employment 2, etc."

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if the decision dates have changed from last year (either for Ed.D or Ed.M)? On the admissions page for last year a number of people were posting accepted/decision notification as early as late Feb....

Don't think I can wait much longer, and its still December!!

does anyone know if the decision dates have changed from last year (either for Ed.D or Ed.M)? On the admissions page for last year a number of people were posting accepted/decision notification as early as late Feb....

Don't think I can wait much longer, and its still December!!

The decisions came out a few days earlier than they said for Ed.M. candidates last year, but they still didn't come out until March! Good luck waiting!

I applied to the Ed.D Human Development program.

I'd love to be admitted given the amazing intellectual resources within the University, but in all actuality I applied because I figured I would more likely get a rejection and a Master's offer. My raw GRE and GPA numbers are above the mean for Master's applicants and I have loads of research and conference experience. Last year the conciliatory Master's offers seem to have happened a lot around this forum and another. But who knows? There doesn't seem to be a "typical" HGSE student. Lots of diverse backgrounds and experiences within academia seem to be represented there.

• 4 weeks later...

Compiling all the financial aid info and submitting, oy! How's everyone else doing with their finaid applications and the waiting time?

Edited by TDGirl84

Hi everyone!

Did anyone get an email regarding an Ed. M web chat on Feb 1st? The email said something like "Potential Ed.M Consideration"- for those people who indicated they would like to be considered for an Ed.M on their Ed.D applications, please join us for a web meeting. I think it's just an automated email, probably sent out to everyone who checked the Ed.M box, but am not sure!

Good luck everyone!!

Applied for EdM in International Education Policy. Had a dream I got accepted last night! Let's hope it was foreshadowing. Already got an acceptance for another school which totally killed my ability to wait patiently for word on the rest.

I'm applying to the Arts in Education program as well!

my program of choice is Ed.M. in Arts in Education. My background is mostly in the arts, only a little bit of an education.

@TESOLady there should be an "employment" section of the online application. At the top it has a place to upload your resume and then below that you type out "Employment 1, employment 2, etc."

For Ed.D applicants who were interested in the possibility of being considered for an Ed.M as well, I received an email about a virtual info session to be held today. Due to the awful weather conditions, I just received another email saying this web session is now canceled.

Anyone else get these emails about the web session for potential Ed.M consideration?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

There was a posting on the results page of an acceptance by post for a Ph.D in Education at HGSE.

Anyone know anything about this? Slightly dubious as it is as Ed.D and I would be surprised if they informed people via post....

There was a posting on the results page of an acceptance by post for a Ph.D in Education at HGSE.

Anyone know anything about this? Slightly dubious as it is as Ed.D and I would be surprised if they informed people via post....

I didn't apply to HGSE, but I saw that decision in the results section. I agree that it sounds strange. Anyone applying (I would hope) knows that HGSE does not award PhDs!