Rolling or Not?

m.giugno

Hey applicants,

I got some questions for you! Can you help me?

1) How can I know if a school has a rolling admission policy or not?

2) Do you know schools having it?

3) I submitted everything, but deadlines are all after January 1st.. Do I need to wait until they are passed or can I hope to receive an answer soon?

BTW, I'm applying for a master's degree in Engineering.

How can I know if a school has a rolling admission policy or not?

Browse a school's website or ask its graduate coordinator.

Do you know schools having it?

Nope.

I submitted everything, but deadlines are all after January 1st.. Do I need to wait until they are passed or can I hope to receive an answer soon?

They will not make decisions before the deadline.

1. it says (should say) on the dept or main grad admission website

2. NCState, UFlorida.. but beware that rolling deadlines are subjective to departments. therefore my dept might have rolling deadline whereas yours might not

3. some schools can make you offers before the deadline, but most schools don't. you can check the 'results' page to verify this. while there, also see when the decisions were made for your program/school

As others have said, rolling admissions policies should be listed on the website.

Tulane, Vanderbilt, and Penn State all have rolling admissions policies, best of my recollection.

I was admitted to all the schools I applied to by October, when the deadlines were in January. It happens. Some of the schools had fellowships that weren't awarded until later. If the school has rolling admissions, they can make you an offer as soon as the review your application.