• brown
    • umich
    • carnegie mellon
    • rice
    • duke
    • university of florida
    • none

Hi,

Can you rank or comment on the following schools in terms of their overall reputation and quality. I am applying for Physics phd, concentrated in condensed matter and statistical physics.

Also, do you think it is possible to get an acceptance without a physics subject test. (I have a MSc degree in physics, published two papers in phys. rev., have a GRE quantative score of 800)

The schools I am applying are:

Brown

University of Michigan

Carnegie Mellon

Rice

University of Florida

Duke

Thanks!!

note: i am an international student

Edited by passpass

I hate to be "that guy" but I think the reason you have gotten a -3 rating and no replies is because your question lacks a lot of insight and it seems like you want others to do research for you.

Have you tried looking at those colleges websites and seeing if they require, strongly recommend, or not require the subject GRE? Its unlikely an adcom member from those schools and departments will be on here ready to answer such a specific question. You seem to have good credentials and I'm sure you can conduct some great research if given the chance. However, lacking some basic understandings of the graduate school application process cannot be looked upon favorably.

Edited by neuropsych76

I hate to be "that guy" but I think the reason you have gotten a -3 rating and no replies is because your question lacks a lot of insight and it seems like you want others to do research for you.

Have you tried looking at those colleges websites and seeing if they require, strongly recommend, or not require the subject GRE? Its unlikely an adcom member from those schools and departments will be on here ready to answer such a specific question. You seem to have good credentials and I'm sure you can conduct some great research if given the chance. However, lacking some basic understandings of the graduate school application process cannot be looked upon favorably.

hey, calm down. I know that all of them say "highly recommend" on their website. What I want to learn from this forum is any information the members might have based on their previous experiences.