Political Science - Fall 2011 Cycle

adaptations

Yep, was just about to get ready for bed, checked my email, and gave me link to website.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure that the two of us were directly competing for the same spot—I study political behavior/REP.

There were 3 accepts in mid February and one reject on the board. Last I heard they are finalizing everything this week.

Yeh I called and was told that those accepted so far have received the provost fellowship. But they could be done with all acceptances by now... hope not

hello everyone!

does anyone have any info on George Washington?

And for Georgetown, are we thinking they are done with acceptances?

Consensus seems to be that they aren't yet done with admits, given the large number of acceptances they issue each year:

http://government.ge....edu/57323.html

Remaining funding, however, is unclear.

------------

I emailed JHU last week to confirm my rejection/waitlist status, just to pull off the band-aid already, and still haven't heard back. Cold indeed, Ms. Hall, cold indeed.

Edit:

Just contacted Cornell, out of curiosity.

There were glitches in the grad school's application system; applications didn't reach the Govt dept until recently (far more recently than that last email would have us believe); adcom is meeting this week; decisions begin next week.

Edited by Purled

The first week of March is rapidly coming to a close. I think i'm going to binge on advil PM and curl up in the dark for the next two and a half days. I'll check the mail/email again Saturday morning. The anxiety is too much!

Anyone heard from USC? (Southern California)

Few days ago I e-mailed the department to learn about the status of my application but I was told that my hard copy transcripts were missing (well I did not know we were supposed to post them, since I already attached scanned copies to the online system). The e-mail was an auto reply but somewhat made me think that they are not done with the admissions yet.

Just got rejected by University of Chicago (Ph.D. with IR subfield) via email. So I'm 0-3 (with Columbia likely making it 0-4). Still waiting on GWU and Notre Dame. Any word on ND? I know they've sent out some admission offers, but not sure if they're done.

Any word on ND? I know they've sent out some admission offers, but not sure if they're done.

I don't completely understand the process, but ND, like some other schools, seems to stagger the acceptance process into at least two rounds of acceptances and rejections. So I guess you and I and others who haven't heard yet still have a shot, even if we weren't in the first round. At least we haven't been rejected yet!

I don't completely understand the process, but ND, like some other schools, seems to stagger the acceptance process into at least two rounds of acceptances and rejections. So I guess you and I and others who haven't heard yet still have a shot, even if we weren't in the first round. At least we haven't been rejected yet!

Also, I called the department and the grad coordinator is out on medical leave, so nobody really knows anything.

They said if we are accepted/denied the status would change on applyourself and that's all.

Also, I called the department and the grad coordinator is out on medical leave, so nobody really knows anything.

They said if we are accepted/denied the status would change on applyourself and that's all.

Yeah, I called and got the same "information" on Monday. rolleyes.gif

So... what does that mean for someone like me, who has been Wait Listed at Notre Dame?

I have no idea how much hope I should have.

So... what does that mean for someone like me, who has been Wait Listed at Notre Dame?

I have no idea how much hope I should have.

No idea. It probably does depend on the subfield, and the different committees for each field. It does mean you have a better shot than those of us still waiting - you'll get a spot if they can find one to give you, whereas we still may get rejected.

Consensus seems to be that they aren't yet done with admits, given the large number of acceptances they issue each year:

http://government.ge....edu/57323.html

Remaining funding, however, is unclear.

------------

I emailed JHU last week to confirm my rejection/waitlist status, just to pull off the band-aid already, and still haven't heard back. Cold indeed, Ms. Hall, cold indeed.

Edit:

Just contacted Cornell, out of curiosity.

There were glitches in the grad school's application system; applications didn't reach the Govt dept until recently (far more recently than that last email would have us believe); adcom is meeting this week; decisions begin next week.

Same anxiety with GWU here.

Edited by adela_heartless