Focusing the Crazy

crayolacat

I have a pile of apartment options for each school to which I've applied. Flight costs and vacation plans ready to go so I can get the jump on apartment shopping the minute I get an acceptance.

My boyfriend thinks it's a little odd that I'm staying up late at night picking apartments for cities I don't even know I'm going to live in... How about you? Are you doing anything potentially constructive to focus the crazy?

I have a pile of apartment options for each school to which I've applied. Flight costs and vacation plans ready to go so I can get the jump on apartment shopping the minute I get an acceptance.

My boyfriend thinks it's a little odd that I'm staying up late at night picking apartments for cities I don't even know I'm going to live in... How about you? Are you doing anything potentially constructive to focus the crazy?

I think it's great that you are doing that! I prefer to do things in advance as well.

I have looked through many good threads on this forum in the sections like "Waiting it out" and "Decisions, decisions". I wanted to understand what can happen now after I have submitted all apps and how I should act. I did not just find answers I was looking for, - I also found questions that I had not even known I needed to think about :) This forum contains a wealth of information, you just need to search!

I also started compiling questions that I am going to ask during phone interviews - because I am sure I will get some! ;) I look through websites of schools I applied to and think of questions that I want to ask about each school. And I put all of them in separate Word files.

I've also read about questions that I should expect to be asked and I practiced answering some of them, not be caught off guard with some tricky "What are your weaknesses?" question :)

And I am going to continue preparing for interviews.

Edited by Strangefox

I've browsed to get a sense of the price range of apts & housing in each city, and where grad students live, and where the cool places are to hang out (and so forth). So I don't think what you're doing is TOO odd :P

I've also thought about "what should I wear to each interview or visit," but I think that's mainly an excuse for me to waste time doing online window shopping. unsure.gif

Not yet. Adcomms in the schools I have applied to won't even meet till Jan.. so there's no rush. Am not going to bother about this till come end-Feb/early-March, as that's when I will be making my picks. Perhaps I am also not worried because I am/will be living solo, and you all might agree, living solo is a lot easier duet/band life because of the unrestricted freedom.