2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

8 minutes ago, slpgal890 said:

Does anyone know or has anyone received any rejection emails from McGill?

I haven't heard anything from McGill yet. No rejection - hoping it's a good sign! haha.

7 hours ago, slp2024hopeful said:

Is anyone thinking of declining their UofA offer? Trying to gage how much their waitlist will move

I am likely to decline the offer if that helps. 

congrats to everyone who got accepted!!! just out of curiosity, what undergrad program did you go to? just trying to see if there is a preference for the programs they're looking for :)

2 hours ago, SLPinON said:

congrats to everyone who got accepted!!! just out of curiosity, what undergrad program did you go to? just trying to see if there is a preference for the programs they're looking for :)

UBC BA with my major in speech sci - i don’t know if they prefer UBC students specifically but they do have policies where 90% of the seats have to go to people living in the province/ nearby! 

Edited by ubcspscstudent

Hi guys!! Congratulations to everyone on getting into their dream schools. I was wondering out of everyone who applied and got into McMaster are not planning on accepting their McMaster offers!? Thank you

Congrats to everyone getting in!! I am just wondering if anyone is possibly turning down an offer at UBC for SLP or AUD, im waitlisted for both and just wondering if there will be any movement.

12 hours ago, Sliptop said:

Hi guys!! Congratulations to everyone on getting into their dream schools. I was wondering out of everyone who applied and got into McMaster are not planning on accepting their McMaster offers!? Thank you

Hey I am not going to accept McMaster as I am leaning toward UofT, Western or UofA. Hope this helps !

11 hours ago, slptobeeeeeeeee said:

is there a group for ubc that I can join? Also anyone got accepted to the Victoria cohort? I wonder if it's been approved or not

I got accepted to the Victoria cohort! It is still pending approval and we should know by May 1st if it is happening for sure or not! But sounds likely it will be approved :) 

12 hours ago, Sliptop said:

I dont think I'll accept Mac as I am planning on accepting my UofT offer! Best of luck ! 

Also if anyone else is accepting UofT feel free to send me a message so we can get to know each other!