2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

3 hours ago, SLP2024 said:

I dont think I'll accept Mac as I am planning on accepting my UofT offer! Best of luck ! 

Also if anyone else is accepting UofT feel free to send me a message so we can get to know each other!

If you don’t mind, could you PM me with some reasons that lead you towards choosing UofT? I’m currently stuck between Mac and UofT! 

28 minutes ago, PeachesSpeech said:

Has anyone paid their UBC deposit yet? I’m not sure where in the application portal we can do this? 

In my offer it says we pay the deposit in the first week of May

8 minutes ago, PeachesSpeech said:

Oh that’s weird. Mine says end of April - (April 30). Is your campus Vancouver or Victoria? Mine is Vancouver! 

Weird. I also got into the Vancouver campus. Have you completed all prerequisite courses? I still have one in progress and maybe that's why.

30 minutes ago, BerrySpeechie said:

If you don’t mind, could you PM me with some reasons that lead you towards choosing UofT? I’m currently stuck between Mac and UofT! 

Hi! I am in the same boat as both of you. I received offers from Mac and UofT, and am really struggling to decide which offer to accept since there aren't many online resources comparing these programs. 

Just now, Annabel1016 said:

Weird. I also got into the Vancouver campus. Have you completed all prerequisite courses? I still have one in progress and maybe that's why.

Oh okay maybe that’s why! Yes I’m all done my courses and don’t have any currently in progress! I logged onto the portal and couldn’t find where we are supposed to pay the deposit so I’m assuming maybe it’s just not set up yet? I did email my acceptance response back though! 

6 minutes ago, PeachesSpeech said:

Oh okay maybe that’s why! Yes I’m all done my courses and don’t have any currently in progress! I logged onto the portal and couldn’t find where we are supposed to pay the deposit so I’m assuming maybe it’s just not set up yet? I did email my acceptance response back though! 

Yes it probably takes some time. The offer also says they are sending more instructions in the near future so I wouldn't worry about it.

11 minutes ago, PeachesSpeech said:

Mine says before 10th of May! And I have ongoing courses maybe that's why. 

They'll need to confirm the number of people accepting their offer and send it to the faculty of graduate studies! The faculty of graduate studies will be the ones who update the portal and make changes to the system so that we can pay the deposit. 

2 hours ago, BerrySpeechie said:

2 hours ago, speechpath2024 said:

Hi! I am in the same boat as both of you. I received offers from Mac and UofT, and am really struggling to decide which offer to accept since there aren't many online resources comparing these programs. 

Honestly it's because of location and learning style! I do well in lecture-type learning that UofT uses - Mac has the self directed learning approach and I have a hard time picturing myself in that environment so its easier for me to envision myself at uoft! I also like downtown Toronto more than Hamilton and ill be commuting so taking the train will be easier for me:)

do what are you both leaning towards?

I applied to UBC last year and got waitlisted. I haven’t heard back but it now says “In Progress” right now and last year? Did anyone have the same thing in terms of waitlisted and having it say “In Progress” when you didn’t get the spot? 

10 hours ago, Elizabethklim said:

I applied to UBC last year and got waitlisted. I haven’t heard back but it now says “In Progress” right now and last year? Did anyone have the same thing in terms of waitlisted and having it say “In Progress” when you didn’t get the spot? 

Yes, I was waitlisted last year and this year for both programs at UBC and it says "in progress" and I havent gotten in.

Hi everyone, I haven’t heard back from McGill yet (not a waitlist OR rejection) I’m wondering if anyone knows from previous years of applying - if they typically send rejections out last? I would think it would make sense to send acceptances immediately?

2 minutes ago, Cely said:

Hi everyone, I haven’t heard back from McGill yet (not a waitlist OR rejection) I’m wondering if anyone knows from previous years of applying - if they typically send rejections out last? I would think it would make sense to send acceptances immediately?

I've only heard people receive acceptances and waitlists so far from McGill :( I'm thinking the same thing.

Edited by slpgal890

4 minutes ago, Cely said:

I called them on Friday asking if all acceptances have already been sent out. They said no, acceptances come out on a ‘rolling basis’. Not sure if I believe it tbh, but still hoping for good news 🤞🏼

On 4/6/2024 at 10:09 AM, PeachesSpeech said:

If there is any group chat for UBC I would love to join! 

I’m trying to share a link for a Facebook group but gradcafe seems to block links! 

You should be able to find it by searching UBC MSc SLP and AUDI class of 2026!

On 4/4/2024 at 10:56 PM, Natashaslp said:

Heyy is there any group chats for uoft slp or western aud?? 

if not I can make one:)

Hey, If you make a group chat or find one for Western Aud could you let me know please :)

17 minutes ago, dyinginside69 said:

Got an official L from McGill! Wishing everyone all the best and happy solar eclipse day! 

Hey! Was this a good or bad letter? 😮 

6 minutes ago, dyinginside69 said:

It was a rejection

I'm really sorry :( This is such a tough process. Wishing you nothing but the best!!!!