2011 Theology Application Results!!!

new mexico

A friend of mine, who established a strong relationship with the administration and faculty at VDS during [their] application process, received a phone call on Friday (2/4/11) from someone in the department that letters were in the mail, but that [they] were eager to let [them] know asap because of their strong relationship. This person received a top scholarship for their program (MTS... full-tuition), so I am not sure if this group of letters includes the entire group or just those receiving the nice packages. Wish I could say more, but that's all I have to contribute. Good luck, especially with the anxiety! And if you're interested in VDS, message me if you have any questions.

This seems to correspond with what has happened in previous years. Their top scholarship recipients get a phone call or a letter in early February, while your average Joe admits get notified in late February and early March. Thanks for the update! I go to UT, so I'm very interested in VDS.

Anyone hearing from Andover Newton yet? This is my first round of grad school applications (hoooopefully my last), so I'm new to this (and new here!). I've scoured my confirmation emails, and ANTS said they would notify within "three to four weeks" after the application had been confirmed. I'm guessing they essentially have rolling admission (and therefore rolling acceptances), since their "priority" deadline for fall is April, with a hard admissions deadline in August. Anyone hear anything yet? I'm applying for the MDiv.

Nothing from my application. Are you a Bostonian? Just curious why ANTS and Harvard are your only apps.

I actually JUST got off the phone with the office of financial aid/admissions -- was asking a question about tax returns. They said to me that they are shooting for Feb 10th to contact people about it, but it might not happen because of the ice storms. They are, however, pretty prompt. I am very impressed so far with them.

Thank goodness i have a biochemistry exam friday that will distract me the rest of the week...the waiting is hard sometimes :)

Nothing from my application. Are you a Bostonian? Just curious why ANTS and Harvard are your only apps.

I am indeed a Bostonian. My husband is in a PhD program at Brandeis, so I decided not to apply to programs outside of Boston.

I am indeed a Bostonian. My husband is in a PhD program at Brandeis, so I decided not to apply to programs outside of Boston.

I lived at ANTS while attending Hebrew College next door. If you end up going to ANTS, I would encourage you to take some courses at HC--it is a very challenging and rewarding experience.

I lived at ANTS while attending Hebrew College next door. If you end up going to ANTS, I would encourage you to take some courses at HC--it is a very challenging and rewarding experience.

Thanks for the advice!! I am looking forward to taking advantage of the BTI, no matter where I end up. :)

Just FYI-- I just heard from Andover Newton! I received a phone call letting me know that I have been accepted, and that my official acceptance information is in the mail. Speedy turnaround; they confirmed my application materials only two and a half weeks ago.

Good luck, everyone!

I just heard unofficially from someone on the adcom at the University of Toronto's St. Michael's College (Toronto School of Theology) about a probable PhD acceptance. It seems they're meeting this week. I'm not sure, but that probably means people who applied to Wycliffe, Regis, Trinity, etc. at the U of T's Toronto School of Theology will be hearing back soon. Just thought I'd share that for anyone thinking about studying theology in Canada. Of course, results from the Religion Department at UToronto will probably come back much later (speaking from experience).

Post. It seems that their top candidates are notified much earlier than the rest of their acceptances. Which is starting to indicate that I am not one of their top choices.

I think I'll go ahead and psyche myself into believing that its either a postal delay or a different MTS vs. MDiv admissions timetable standing between me and a sweet Vandy scholarship package. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

Post. It seems that their top candidates are notified much earlier than the rest of their acceptances. Which is starting to indicate that I am not one of their top choices.

If it helps, last year I wasn't notified of my full-tuition award until early March. Could've meant I was on the short list but not a top choice; could've meant a timetable; whatever. But does mean that there are other factors at play and you shouldn't stress out too much yet. :)

<br />Same buddy who got the full tuition to Vandy also got offered full tuition at Candler, with an opportunity to compete for more grant money. Looks like I might as well quit, lol.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes, they gave me full tuition too. The invitation is to be interviewed for stipends and visit the campus. I'm very excited about visiting Candler. I'm also hoping BU notifies sooner rather than later.

<br /><br /><br />

Yes, they gave me full tuition too. The invitation is to be interviewed for stipends and visit the campus. I'm very excited about visiting Candler. I'm also hoping BU notifies sooner rather than later.

This just sealed the seal for me. Nail in the coffin. Screw it. I'm not United Methodist anyways. Bring it on HDS.

If these clowns can give scholarship money to kids writing about Lord of the Rings and the Matrix, then I don't want to be there.

This just sealed the seal for me. Nail in the coffin. Screw it. I'm not United Methodist anyways. Bring it on HDS.

If these clowns can give scholarship money to kids writing about Lord of the Rings and the Matrix, then I don't want to be there.

did you call them? FWIW, my essay was on existentialism and theology in a film... (nope, not LoR or Matrix) :)

i'm not methodist either