iPad apps for school

sputnik

Hi All,

Looking for apps that are good for school work.

I am trying out Goodreader but find it bulky. I really like NoteTaker HD for handwriting notes and reading .PDF documents.

I am a big fan of Evernote and am starting to use Dropbox for storage.

What apps do you recommend?

Depends on what you want to do. I like doing papers on pages. I have a Mac anyway, so it's nice to be able to take the iPad and not have to take my laptop.

Also, you may want to avoid Angry Birds if you don't want to waste hours of time.

Actually I LOVE Goodreader. I've used it since the beginning and now that I can annotate pdf's its my go to app for pdfs. But then again, I never liked Evernote, so we may just be in different camps. I'm still trying out apps for taking notes in class. So far, I use a combination of Noterize and Chapters. It's not great, but I have yet to find that magic app that is great for keeping separate notebooks and also add pdfs that I can annotate inside the notebook. Oh to be a software programmer instead of a wanna be social worker....

I also really like Papers for my academic journals, etc. Pages is a must I think--I actually wrote a draft of my SOP on my iPad.

Actually I LOVE Goodreader. I've used it since the beginning and now that I can annotate pdf's its my go to app for pdfs. But then again, I never liked Evernote, so we may just be in different camps. I'm still trying out apps for taking notes in class. So far, I use a combination of Noterize and Chapters. It's not great, but I have yet to find that magic app that is great for keeping separate notebooks and also add pdfs that I can annotate inside the notebook. Oh to be a software programmer instead of a wanna be social worker....

I also really like Papers for my academic journals, etc. Pages is a must I think--I actually wrote a draft of my SOP on my iPad.

I am a huge fan of Pages for iPad. It's totally worth the ten bucks.

Goodreader I (so far) have found to have more features than I need, which makes it cumbersome. I just need to spend some time with it. Notetaker HD is my favorite app for annotating .PDF's and for taking notes. It beats the hell out of Penultimate, IMO. The only thing I like better about Penultimate is the notbook feature. But, in my world, Notetaker is my go to app for everything. I love the Edit 2 feature. It makes writing neatly very easy. Here's a video with Dan Bricklin, the inventor of Notetaker doing a demo of the program. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRUy0fg6yj8 Also, I love being able to handwrite notes on PDF's.It's like having the pdf in your hands. I also love that with Notetaker you can send right to Dropbox or pdf to your email and then to Evernote.

I like GoodReader as well, but I sometimes use Quick Office, which allows you to view .doc, .pdf., .xls and .ppt files (I think the excel and powerpoint options are a little lacking, however). I also really like the Things application. If you're into making crazy To Do lists like I am , you'd love this .. I use it all the time. I also use CourseNotes (I wasnt too into the handwriting option) - this one you type your notes, but you can organize them according to subject, etc.

I also would NOT recommend Sally's Salon or Sally's Spa if you value your time .... or Diner Dash.

<br />Depends on what you want to do.  I like doing papers on pages.  I have a Mac anyway, so it's nice to be able to take the iPad and not have to take my laptop.<br /><br />Also, you may want to avoid Angry Birds if you don't want to waste hours of time.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Ha ha! Angry Birds has stolen hours of my life. I hate it when they smile at me after I've failed. They SMILE at me!!!!! Must kill pig.

For games I love Scrabble and mirrors edge, I think it's called. Good stuff.