Northeastern Co-Op

satirtav

Hi people!

I applied to Northeastern University for Phd in CS but I might get an acceptance to only MS program cuz my gpa is not very high and my GRE scores are a little above average (GPA: 3.07 GRE=> Verbal: 340 Quantitative:750 A.W:3). If I got rejected from Phd and accepted to MS program I will consider doing co op because it could really support me financially alot otherwise it would be really hard for me to finance my education.I have a 2 years of Professional Experience in a company and I was wondering if co op opportunities are really as good as they say for Northeastern? I mean do i have a high chance of finding a well paying job in co op? Anyone has any experience on that subject please share:)

I actually went to Northeastern as an undergrad and I really enjoyed the co-op program (I ended up only doing it once, though - I decided to graduate early). Most of the people I knew had found really great jobs out of it, and came out of college with a clear idea of what they wanted to do because they had so much work experience. Not to mention, it looks great on your resume. If you like everything else about NU, Id say go for it.

The co-op program is a great program - generally considered to be one of the best such programs out there, maybe even the best - and it's not uncommon for the full-time MSCS students to do it.

It is possible, thought, that Northeastern would give you funding anyway. They do fund some of the MS students.

Hi people!

I applied to Northeastern University for Phd in CS but I might get an acceptance to only MS program cuz my gpa is not very high and my GRE scores are a little above average (GPA: 3.07 GRE=> Verbal: 340 Quantitative:750 A.W:3). If I got rejected from Phd and accepted to MS program I will consider doing co op because it could really support me financially alot otherwise it would be really hard for me to finance my education.I have a 2 years of Professional Experience in a company and I was wondering if co op opportunities are really as good as they say for Northeastern? I mean do i have a high chance of finding a well paying job in co op? Anyone has any experience on that subject please share:)

i woudlnt rule you out of the running for phD at neu..

btw in case you didnt know, northeastern's funding for MS students is actually kind of limited. like most schools, assistantships are reserved for phD students. if youre really good or find a prof on your own, you might be able to get one; but you probably shouldn't count on it. on the other hand, they do consider all MS students for their dean's scholarship, which is based on merit; which could cover up to 1/3 of tuition costs. but yeah, i'm pretty sure full funding for MS would be difficult