It Has Begun

BadgerHopeful

I applied to UGA! but the masters program. I'm probably doing a masters first, but I think I'm okay with that. I need a bit more experience since I'm coming from a small small school.

I got a call last night from a Georgia number. It freaked me out cause it was a spam number or my one friend in Georgia. But would someone call at 10pm?

Waiting for official notice from UT and also anything from Tulane.

Edited by Kelkel

I applied to UGA! but the masters program. I'm probably doing a masters first, but I think I'm okay with that. I need a bit more experience since I'm coming from a small small school.

Waiting for official notice from UT and also anything from Tulane.

Nice. What's your field? I'm into southern political and social and applied to work with Inscoe.

Good luck with Georgia, and the others.

Nice. What's your field? I'm into southern political and social and applied to work with Inscoe.

Good luck with Georgia, and the others.

Modern Europe. Germany. Political history. I'm not as defined as I think I should be, but somewhere in there.

Good luck to you too!

I'm still waiting to hear even a peep from UC Irvine, UCLA, UC Davis, U of Oregon, and U of Washington... Even a peep!

I heard from U of Washington last Tuesday. But I have no idea if they are done contacting people. I received a phone call from the director of graduate studies.

Thanks for the heads up. It seems like everyone but Oregon has already been contacting folks. I'll hope they still have mine at the bottom of some stack somewhere, just waiting. smile.gif

I heard from U of Washington last Tuesday. But I have no idea if they are done contacting people. I received a phone call from the director of graduate studies.

Thanks for the heads up. It seems like everyone but Oregon has already been contacting folks. I'll hope they still have mine at the bottom of some stack somewhere, just waiting. smile.gif

I considered emailing the UW grad secretary to see what their time table looks like, but I don't want to be that annoying person.

I'm still waiting on Indiana, Ohio State, Rutgers, Michigan and UChicago.

I'm not as antsy as I was before now that I have a guaranteed place to go next year. I know I made it past the first cut at Indiana, and apparently I'm still in the mix at Ohio if the inside scoop is right. I'm expecting Rutgers, Michigan and Chicago to all be big fat no's though. Just wish they'd send the emails and put me out of my misery. I continue to not understand what takes them so long to send a rejection letter.

Less than a week until March though, and March is really "Go time," so, looks like this wild ride might be coming to a stop soon.

Accepted to UCLA, but without funding. Attached letter dated with today's date.

Same here. Which makes it the first one I will officially have to say no to...

Too bad, there were a couple of professors that would've been great to work with.

I'm still waiting on Indiana, Ohio State, Rutgers, Michigan and UChicago.

I'm not as antsy as I was before now that I have a guaranteed place to go next year. I know I made it past the first cut at Indiana, and apparently I'm still in the mix at Ohio if the inside scoop is right. I'm expecting Rutgers, Michigan and Chicago to all be big fat no's though. Just wish they'd send the emails and put me out of my misery. I continue to not understand what takes them so long to send a rejection letter.

Less than a week until March though, and March is really "Go time," so, looks like this wild ride might be coming to a stop soon.

How do you know that you made it past the first cut at Indiana?

Accepted into my two safeties! Now I watch them fight it out with funding offers while I await rejections.

I see in your sig you were accepted at Purdue (congrats!) ... did you just receive the general letter from the grad school or something specific to the department? I was accepted as well with a letter from the graduate school and am debating as to whether I should reach out right away to the history department re: funding details/instructions, or whether I should wait to and see if something is sent out shortly (as I imagine it will be). Thoughts?

I see in your sig you were accepted at Purdue (congrats!) ... did you just receive the general letter from the grad school or something specific to the department? I was accepted as well with a letter from the graduate school and am debating as to whether I should reach out right away to the history department re: funding details/instructions, or whether I should wait to and see if something is sent out shortly (as I imagine it will be). Thoughts?

I'll PM. Congrats!