It Has Begun

BadgerHopeful

I've been assuming it does. Curious to hear more about Texas, since I think they actually had money too.

I'm not gonna give up on Texas until the admits say something discouraging, a wave of rejects hits the board, or I get my own. I refuse! I would love to go there.

:(

I'm not gonna give up on Texas until the admits say something discouraging, a wave of rejects hits the board, or I get my own. I refuse! I would love to go there.

:(

I agree. I would LOVE to go there. I should have never found out about this website! It is so mhch more discouraging with that darn results page than just good ol' waiting. Haha.

I agree. I would LOVE to go there. I should have never found out about this website! It is so mhch more discouraging with that darn results page than just good ol' waiting. Haha.

I wish I would have found out about it earlier! It answered so many questions I never thought of asking anyone... so now I know where I went wrong and why no one loves me (except LSU, I just want them to love me with their nonexistent money).

I got my first acceptance today! I was listening to a lecture on the martyrdom of Hussein when I got the email from NYU saying that I was accepted to their joint ME/Islamic studies and history Ph.D. program. And I got funding!! I sat there grinning like fool for the last hour of class...I told my professor after so she didn't think I was possessed or irreverent or something. So happy!!

I got my first acceptance today! I was listening to a lecture on the martyrdom of Hussein when I got the email from NYU saying that I was accepted to their joint ME/Islamic studies and history Ph.D. program. And I got funding!! I sat there grinning like fool for the last hour of class...I told my professor after so she didn't think I was possessed or irreverent or something. So happy!!

That's awesome!

CONGRATS! Did the email come from the Dept, or a Dept director, or a specific prof? I am eagerly waiting to hear back about the same prgm but biting my nails more than ever!!

Thanks!

CONGRATS! Did the email come from the Dept, or a Dept director, or a specific prof? I am eagerly waiting to hear back about the same prgm but biting my nails more than ever!!

Thanks!

The email came from the Associate Dean of Graduate Enrollment, Roberta Popik, with an attached letter from the dean. I hope you get in too!

Congrats! Just curious, were you invited to their prospective students weekend?

Congratulations on the acceptances to UT! I'm still a little hopeful because I applied to do Middle Eastern history at UT and so far the admits seem to be only European history. And speaking of the Middle East, congratulations to TaraDanielle on getting into NYU!

But I'll be content if I don't get into any other programs because I got the official email from Rice yesterday (after being called by the director of grad studies last week) that says that I've been accepted to their Ph.D. program! I've been walking on sunshine for the past few days, especially since the news came right before my birthday. Best birthday ever! :D

Congratulations on the acceptances to UT! I'm still a little hopeful because I applied to do Middle Eastern history at UT and so far the admits seem to be only European history. And speaking of the Middle East, congratulations to TaraDanielle on getting into NYU!

But I'll be content if I don't get into any other programs because I got the official email from Rice yesterday (after being called by the director of grad studies last week) that says that I've been accepted to their Ph.D. program! I've been walking on sunshine for the past few days, especially since the news came right before my birthday. Best birthday ever! :D

I thought about applying to Rice but I didn't think they offered a Middle East field of study. Congrats!

I thought about applying to Rice but I didn't think they offered a Middle East field of study. Congrats!

It's not a main concentration but I am also interested in Arab immigration to the U.S. and their immigrant experiences; I can then do something specifically about the Middle East as a second field (as one current student is doing for British colonialism with a second field about Iraq). I'm really excited about the opportunity to work with Dr. Ussama Makdisi. Thanks!

Seems really quite today, and that acceptances for most major programs are out. What schools are you still waiting on?

Personally, I'm still waiting on UVA, Boston University, and Harvard's History of American Civ Program. I'm also waiting on hearing back about continuation status here at Cambridge.

I'm waiting on U of T and York.

::bites nails::

Matilda's acceptance was over a week ago and I've heard nothing. EEK!

Is Matilda the women's studies masters program in Europe???

I applied to that last year, through CEU, and it took quite a while for them to get back to me, first for an interview and then for a final answer. I was pretty pumped about it, but ended up having to back out because of personal problems. It seems like a wonderful initiative, and CEU seemed like a great place to study.

I'm still waiting for my official Emory rejection, and from UVa (probably very soon) ,UNC and UGa (probably next month).

I'm not really expecting UVa or UNC to come out in my favor, but would naturally be thrilled if they did. I applied to the PhD program at Georgia, but expect to be offered admission to the MA program there instead.

Seems quite likely I will be going the MA route this cycle-- which is fine by me. I have lived in my last two locations for stints of two years, and I like a good pattern.

Anyone else here apply to UGa?