Management and/or Organizational Behavior PhD thread

Thought we were supposed to hear from UNC today..?

The wait is killing me!!

I thought we were supposed to hear from UNC last Friday…

I'm beginning to think that since I haven't heard anything that means I'm not on the interview list.

Depending on how you interpret "end of the second week in February" we may not hear anything until this Friday (the end of the second full week in February).

I'm still really grateful that they let us know about the first cut; the other programs I applied to don't tell you anything until you get interviewed or rejected.

I got the same email today. I'm more confident with some of my other schools, so this wasn't a huge loss. Anything from UNC yet?

I haven't heard from UNC yet. I think that they are probably just running behind -- I was under the impression they would let us know either way. At least I hope so!

I did not really have any "safety" options so I am starting to get really nervous...

I haven't heard from UNC yet. I think that they are probably just running behind -- I was under the impression they would let us know either way. At least I hope so!

I did not really have any "safety" options so I am starting to get really nervous...

How many more programs are you waiting on? I applied to 13 total.

How many more programs are you waiting on? I applied to 13 total.

I applied to 9 programs-- 1 rejection and 3 others that I know have accepted people or interviewed a while back so not looking good. So 5 schools I am waiting to hear from but a couple of those were 'dream' programs

I'm also waiting to hear from UNC. I probably hit refresh on the results page 25 times a day. They must be running behind if none of us have heard.

haha I know the feeling! I have become extremely OCD with my email, application status pages, and this forum! haha i am constantly checking all 3!!

haha I know the feeling! I have become extremely OCD with my email, application status pages, and this forum! haha i am constantly checking all 3!!

Same here. I think once UNC sends notifications, for better or for worse, I'll be able to relax a bit. It's just good to know one way or another.

I also discovered that you can see who accesses your Linkedin profile, so I can see when different schools look at my account.

Same here. I think once UNC sends notifications, for better or for worse, I'll be able to relax a bit. It's just good to know one way or another.

I also discovered that you can see who accesses your Linkedin profile, so I can see when different schools look at my account.

how do you find out who accessed your linked in account??

how do you find out who accessed your linked in account??

Once signed in a box appeared about half way down the right side of the page that said

"Who's Viewed Your Profile?

6 Your profile has been viewed by 6 people in the past 30 days."

I followed the link and could see who's viewed my profile. I couldn't see the exact person from each school but I was given a list of about 10 people that could have accessed my profile. The odd one was Florida. I didn't apply to their program but someone from the department viewed my profile.

It's not an exact science but it's something else to check.

Once signed in a box appeared about half way down the right side of the page that said

"Who's Viewed Your Profile?

6 Your profile has been viewed by 6 people in the past 30 days."

I followed the link and could see who's viewed my profile. I couldn't see the exact person from each school but I was given a list of about 10 people that could have accessed my profile. The odd one was Florida. I didn't apply to their program but someone from the department viewed my profile.

It's not an exact science but it's something else to check.

haha thanks! Just checked it out and everyone was either from my school or there was one random person from India and one from Canada. haha weird..

Applied to 5 programs and have 1 unofficial acceptance. I was suddenly interviewed a week ago on the phone and told today I was to receive the official offer in 2-3 weeks.

Not a peep from the other 4 programs.... I guess we just have to be patient. One would figure that OB departments would practice what they research :-D (all that transparency is good for the soul stuff...)

Applied to 5 programs and have 1 unofficial acceptance. I was suddenly interviewed a week ago on the phone and told today I was to receive the official offer in 2-3 weeks.

Not a peep from the other 4 programs.... I guess we just have to be patient. One would figure that OB departments would practice what they research :-D (all that transparency is good for the soul stuff...)

Do you mind telling us which program you have been accepted to?

I received an email rejection from University of Chicago today

Congrats! I got the same email. Good to know where I stand but now I have to wait another week…

Congrats to you as well! phew finally some good news on my end! But yes, let the torture continue for another week...

Do you mind telling us which program you have been accepted to?

I received an email rejection from University of Chicago today

I got informal acceptance and invite to visit BU and so then had to send email to Temple to find out what my status with them is. Apparently, I was also accepted there informally. Currently, I am waiting on MIT, NYU and Columbia, which by any measure are reach schools for anyone who is not a rockstar. Maybe I will send them an email inquiry as well, as I don't want a program to be out $ that they could potentially be saving to have someone else visit.

Good luck to everyone!