SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Thanks guys! It's such a relief, I've been saying all along that as long as I get in to one program I'll be extremely happy.

Good luck to all of you in the next month or so! I wish the rest of the programs would decide so quickly!

When I applied in Jan, I didn't have my most recent transcripts. They are complete now, and my grades are strong again so I'd like to submit them. Has anyone added a recent transcript to their file? Should I call my schools or just forget about it? Thanks in advance!

When I applied in Jan, I didn't have my most recent transcripts. They are complete now, and my grades are strong again so I'd like to submit them. Has anyone added a recent transcript to their file? Should I call my schools or just forget about it? Thanks in advance!

Just realized that we've applied to most of the same schools. I used the CSDCAS Academic Update to add my recent transcript for Rush and St. Xavier. For Northwestern, I submitted the application late enough to be able to include my recent transcript. If you think it'll raise your GPA significantly, you might want to call the schools and ask how you can submit those transcripts. They might probably accept scanned emailed copies at this point.

Edited by trina

Has anyone heard back from UNC? There's someone who posted here and on the results survey that they were accepted.

No, I haven't.. and I know no one in my program (at ECU) has heard from them yet either... I went to an open house in November and they said we would be hearing around the first few days of March.

Just received my acceptance letter to FSU's distance program! I sat in my car and cried tears of joy as I read the letter. This is my 3rd time applying to programs. If you don't get in, gain more experience and try again. Don't give up if this is really what you want to do!!!

Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you, you deserve it!

Got an acceptance email from Towson University today :)

My birthday was Wednesday, first acceptance Thursday, second Friday--easily the best week I can remember!!

congratulations, allie! and happy belated birthday! :)

do you have a top choice? is that list in your signature in order of preference, or will you be deciding after you hear from all the schools?

i hope the rest of us get some good news soon too.. it's interesting how the schools are sending out acceptances so much earlier this year.

Edited by trina

congratulations, allie! and happy belated birthday! :)

do you have a top choice? is that list in your signature in order of preference, or will you be deciding after you hear from all the schools?

i hope the rest of us get some good news soon too.. it's interesting how the schools are sending out acceptances so much earlier this year.

Honestly, my top choice seems to change every few minutes, haha. There are a few that I still haven't visited yet and funding will be a huge factor for some of them, so I'll have to wait and see! How about you, do you have a clear top runner for your schools?

Also, if you want to better judge when you will start hearing from your schools, go back and look at last year's results search and check when they were notifying people last year. So far, the two I've heard from were pretty spot on with last year's response times (UMD was maybe a week earlier). I'm sure you'll hear soon though!

I guess the 48-72 hours was a conservative estimate. It changed within 24 hours and with good news--first acceptance! So excited :)

Hi Allie,

My maryland status says that same message right now about a decision being available within 48-72 hours of 2/11 and its killing me! Did they send you an email or did you just keep checking the website?

I just got into Emerson! Anyone else?

Applied: Emerson, BU, MGH, UConn, Southern CT, NYU, Columbia, Northwestern, UW, CSUEB, SJSU

Accepted: Emerson

Rejected:

Didn't apply there, but congrats! You should post on the results survey. :-) I've been checking even for schools I did not apply to, as it's nice to see the stats of other SLP admits. #obsessed.

Hi Allie,

My maryland status says that same message right now about a decision being available within 48-72 hours of 2/11 and its killing me! Did they send you an email or did you just keep checking the website?

Gah, I feel your pain, that was an agonizing 24 hours. I checked mine obsessively and it wound up posting at about 8pm on the 9th, after it said 48-72 hours from the 8th. I got an email at 5 am on the 10th telling me to check the status, but by then I already knew :).

The acceptance didn't have a lot of information really, it was from the grad school not the department. I'm hoping the acceptance coming in the mail will have more from the department as to some sort of open house, funding info, etc.

Good luck!! Let us know when you find out. And if you happen to get more information than I did, please share :P

Congratulations, Allie!! I'm still waiting to hear from Towson...hope to hear soon. Sounds like you had a great week last week..yay!

I'm sure you'll hear soon! Is it a 3-year program at Towson as well? I didn't realize you were applying there too, where else are you looking?

Didn't apply there, but congrats! You should post on the results survey. :-) I've been checking even for schools I did not apply to, as it's nice to see the stats of other SLP admits. #obsessed.

Me too! It makes me wish I had applied to schools that let us know earlier just so I would know SOMETHING.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten good news! This seems like such a talented & dedicated group :D