SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I had called Hofstra to check on my status last week and they said they had mailed out my letter but were not allowed to tell me of my status over the phone. I live in NJ and thought it would be here on Tuesday by the latest. Still nothing in the mail but I got an email with details for the accepted students reception. I guess that means I'm in? So confused!

I emailed about funding and Dr. Plyler said they offer "relatively small scholarships," but their website says they have assistantships. I"m confused haha.

I saw that on the website as well. Did you get funding at U of M? I'd take anything at this point, money wise.

I saw that on the website as well. Did you get funding at U of M? I'd take anything at this point, money wise.

In my acceptance letter, UM said they would be sending another letter in the coming weeks about funding. So I'm still waiting on that. I'm really conflicted right now!

In my acceptance letter, UM said they would be sending another letter in the coming weeks about funding. So I'm still waiting on that. I'm really conflicted right now!

I don't blame you..both are really good schools. I guess for you it comes down to funding. What's your main focus of study?

I don't blame you..both are really good schools. I guess for you it comes down to funding. What's your main focus of study?

I know I for sure wanna do Peds, I just really haven't narrowed it down to anything. I think I want to apply for the Aural Habilitation concentration if I go to UTK though.

Hello SLP-ers!

I have an interview on Friday for Loyola and I'm getting nervous. I'm sure it varies based on program, but for those of you that have interviewed, what kinds of things do you find that they ask you? I'm bound to be nervous so I want to be as prepared as possible.

I know I for sure wanna do Peds, I just really haven't narrowed it down to anything. I think I want to apply for the Aural Habilitation concentration if I go to UTK though.

I saw that...it looks pretty interesting! I'm interested in dysphagia as well as autism..so who knows what I'll end up focusing on.

Hello SLP-ers!

I have an interview on Friday for Loyola and I'm getting nervous. I'm sure it varies based on program, but for those of you that have interviewed, what kinds of things do you find that they ask you? I'm bound to be nervous so I want to be as prepared as possible.

Hey Shelley, best of luck on your interview! is your interview for the foundation program, or the 2 year grad program?

Thank you :). My interview is for the foundation program. I see you applied to Loyola as well--is that for foundation or 2 yr?

Hey Shelley, best of luck on your interview! is your interview for the foundation program, or the 2 year grad program?

Thank you :). My interview is for the foundation program. I see you applied to Loyola as well--is that for foundation or 2 yr?

whew - I got nervous. I applied to the 2year program.. fingers crossed! good luck on your interview !

Did anyone here get a phone call from Portland State University? Their website says notices will go out in April due to the CSDCAS delay but I see on the results page that a couple of people were called today (!). I wonder if they're calling out-of-state applicants first? Or maybe those who had their materials in to CSDCAS earlier?

Did anyone here get a phone call from Portland State University? Their website says notices will go out in April due to the CSDCAS delay but I see on the results page that a couple of people were called today (!). I wonder if they're calling out-of-state applicants first? Or maybe those who had their materials in to CSDCAS earlier?

I haven't been at home today, so I don't know, but don't let that make you nervous. Word on the street is that they do rolling admissions, so they do start snatching up a FEW top students early and then do everyone else later. They're in fierce competition every year with UO, and won't want UO (whose letters are going out on Friday) to get to the best students first. UO is getting the leading edge on this market this year because they're not using CSDCAS.

I haven't been at home today, so I don't know, but don't let that make you nervous. Word on the street is that they do rolling admissions, so they do start snatching up a FEW top students early and then do everyone else later. They're in fierce competition every year with UO, and won't want UO (whose letters are going out on Friday) to get to the best students first. UO is getting the leading edge on this market this year because they're not using CSDCAS.

The people who posted their results on here had good, but not astronomical, scores. If they chose the top students, they must be weighing experience, SOPs, and references very heavily. Congrats to the people who got in! :)

The people who posted their results on here had good, but not astronomical, scores. If they chose the top students, they must be weighing experience, SOPs, and references very heavily. Congrats to the people who got in! :)

Scores are not everything. From what I understand, letters and essays make a much bigger difference.

Scores are not everything. From what I understand, letters and essays make a much bigger difference.

Scores aren't everything, but if they skimmed the top of the applicant pool it seems like they'd be higher. Out of hundreds of applicants, there must be at least a dozen or so that are near 4.0 with good SOPs and references too.

Still waiting on Hofstra myself, they told me the same thing

I had called Hofstra to check on my status last week and they said they had mailed out my letter but were not allowed to tell me of my status over the phone. I live in NJ and thought it would be here on Tuesday by the latest. Still nothing in the mail but I got an email with details for the accepted students reception. I guess that means I'm in? So confused!

Now that I have my acceptances (still waiting on one), I think I am becoming more obsessive checking my email for funding notifications! Everytime my phone buzzes, I cross my fingers its an email from a school... I'm slowly going crazy!!

One of my acceptances wants a decision by next week and I really don't feel prepared to make that choice. I don't know what to do, I am losing my mind.

That seems so early...which program?

That seems so early...which program?

The University of Montana, which is where I'm doing my undergrad. I just got their email on monday so they're only giving me 10 days to think it over.