SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

I'm sure you're acceptance is coming soon! Didn't you say you get your mail a few days later than normal?

I haven't heard anything from NYU since my interview (well, the postcard was nice). Twiddling my thumbs!

I'm sure you're acceptance is coming soon! Didn't you say you get your mail a few days later than normal?

Yes, my mail is lousy! But my e-mail seems to be working. I have other options if I don't get in, so I'm not complaining!

Congrats to everyone who heard good news from NYU and elsewhere today!

Exactly! Plus- NYU is so expensive anyways! Hehe (It's still amazing to get in though, obviously!)

Yes, my mail is lousy! But my e-mail seems to be working. I have other options if I don't get in, so I'm not complaining!

Congrats to everyone who heard good news from NYU and elsewhere today!

Edited by Daniela

Would people in-the-know about Hunter's program please message me? I'd really appreciate it!

I've only heard bad things about Hunter although I'm sure there are people out there that love the program and I bet there are some good things about the program. I just haven't heard any good things about it :(. http://www.studentsr...Y/CUNYHC_g.html includes one review that is particularly bad. I think you just need to try and find people currently in the program or recently graduated from it and see if they like it or not because at every school you will find students that love and hate the programs.

I've only heard bad things about Hunter although I'm sure there are people out there that love the program and I bet there are some good things about the program. I just haven't heard any good things about it :(. http://www.studentsr...Y/CUNYHC_g.html includes one review that is particularly bad. I think you just need to try and find people currently in the program or recently graduated from it and see if they like it or not because at every school you will find students that love and hate the programs.

Thanks for this. Those are the types of things I have heard, too, but I know they have had some faculty changes in the past few years, so maybe things have changed. I've been trying to hunt (sorry for the pun!) down recent grads/current students, so I will let people know if anyone responds to me.

I just noticed that a couple people received their LOYOLA acceptances today...Since I did not, which is prolly bad news, I was wondering, did you get accepted to the Foundation program? or the 2 year program? Please let me know so that I can stop stressing out.... I appreciate it :)

And congrats!

I just noticed that a couple people received their LOYOLA acceptances today...Since I did not, which is prolly bad news, I was wondering, did you get accepted to the Foundation program? or the 2 year program? Please let me know so that I can stop stressing out.... I appreciate it :)

And congrats!

I had an interview with Loyola last Friday. I'm applying for the Foundations program. I haven't heard anything yet. They told me they'd be sending a notification by mail...said we should receive notifications any time between now and April 15th. It looks like the people who have been accepted received emails. I hope they're 2 year program prospects as well...

Got my acceptance letter from Syracuse University just now. After many hopes, prayers, and hard work, I finally got in somewhere. I'm still waiting for several other schools but I'm very relieved and happy that I got in, as it is my top choice school

Congrats!!! :) Are you going to the open house on 4/1?

Congrats!!! :) Are you going to the open house on 4/1?

Thank you! But I don't think I can make it since I will be out of town that weekend. :( So bummed...

But on a more random note, do you (or anyone else) know how many people applied to Syracuse and NYU? I'm really curious.

Edited by gradstudent84

Okay, on a more serious note: I noticed some people on the results boards have posted about "shooting themselves" or "jumping off a cliff" if they aren't accepted to a certain school. I know these are just expressions and people are really stressed out, but please remember that admissions decisions sometimes make no sense. You are more than your status at a university! Don't let a rejection get you too down! We've all (I imagine) been there, and it's awful, but if you really want to be an SLP and you are qualified, then you will find a school that is right for you.

Alright, I just had to get that off my chest. Everyone take some deep breaths. This is all going to be over soon, thankfully!

I had an interview with Loyola last Friday. I'm applying for the Foundations program. I haven't heard anything yet. They told me they'd be sending a notification by mail...said we should receive notifications any time between now and April 15th. It looks like the people who have been accepted received emails. I hope they're 2 year program prospects as well...

Claire: Good luck to you. I had my interview a few days ago via skype, for the 3 yr program. I hope you post here if/when you hear from them. I'm out of the country, so I hope they won't be sending results by regular mail.

Okay, on a more serious note: I noticed some people on the results boards have posted about "shooting themselves" or "jumping off a cliff" if they aren't accepted to a certain school. I know these are just expressions and people are really stressed out, but please remember that admissions decisions sometimes make no sense. You are more than your status at a university! Don't let a rejection get you too down! We've all (I imagine) been there, and it's awful, but if you really want to be an SLP and you are qualified, then you will find a school that is right for you.

Alright, I just had to get that off my chest. Everyone take some deep breaths. This is all going to be over soon, thankfully!

Amen to that for sure. Plus I have known a handful of people that did not get into any schools their first (or second) time around but ended up finding their home the next semester/year. I think just about anyone who has the drive and correct motivations to study and work hard and eventually become an SLP can do it.