SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Vandy notification today?

Hopefully Vanderbilt will send out the official decisions soon, but Lyn Smith got back to me by email when I wrote her. I normally would try to be more patient and not ask, but they did say that you can email/call. Good luck!

Got into Vanderbilt as well - has anyone heard anything about funding or visit days/open house? I really need to decide which schools I'm flying out to see (I can really only afford to visit two), but it's really hard to make a decision when I don't have all the information...

I really need to decide which schools I'm flying out to see (I can really only afford to visit two), but it's really hard to make a decision when I don't have all the information...

AGREED. It is really stressing me out deciding which ones I should even visit.

Anyways, good luck to everyone this week!

Just received an email from CU Boulder saying that they will be sending out the remainder of their decisions this week and if we do not hear by Wednesday to contact them. Also, they said they received over 500 applicants this year!!!

I just want to know... like, right now!! The wait is killing me and preventing me from doing anything productive.

Good Luck to Everyone!!

I'm going to an open house on Friday and the e-mail said- Dress: Please feel free to dress comfortably for this event. What do you think I should wear? This is the first open house I'm going to so I have no idea what to expect. THANKS!!!

Hopefully Vanderbilt will send out the official decisions soon, but Lyn Smith got back to me by email when I wrote her. I normally would try to be more patient and not ask, but they did say that you can email/call. Good luck!

Yes, to anyone waiting for a response from Vanderbilt, e-mail Ms. Smith. I did so this morning...she just got back to me...and I got in! :)

Today is the decision day (with $500 deposit due) that the University of South Carolina gave on the acceptance letter. Just curious of all who got accepted to USC-Columbia, how many are planning to attend? How many got some type of funding?

Still waiting on a few schools, waitlisted on one. Very hard decision with $500 at stake and incomplete information.

Yes, to anyone waiting for a response from Vanderbilt, e-mail Ms. Smith. I did so this morning...she just got back to me...and I got in! :)

Congrats!! Im super eager to get the official letter, hopefully with info on funding. Are you leaning towards vandy?

Got the letter from CU Boulder about an hour ago, I can't believe I got in! I had basically given up completely and was kicking myself for only applying to 3 (very, very competitive) programs, so I had a laughing/crying moment at work when I got the email. Now to decide if I can afford to fly out for the open house on April 6th... It's really silly, I was actually in Boulder on Friday for a few hours during a spring break road trip, and not letting myself think about the possibility that I might get to live there. So excited for Colorado!

Got the letter from CU Boulder about an hour ago, I can't believe I got in! I had basically given up completely and was kicking myself for only applying to 3 (very, very competitive) programs, so I had a laughing/crying moment at work when I got the email. Now to decide if I can afford to fly out for the open house on April 6th... It's really silly, I was actually in Boulder on Friday for a few hours during a spring break road trip, and not letting myself think about the possibility that I might get to live there. So excited for Colorado!

Congratulations alicejcw! How exciting! I'm kinda kicking myself too for only applying to top schools. I'm still waiting for my acceptance to come. You only need one! :)

Edited by honeybee

I'm going to an open house on Friday and the e-mail said- Dress: Please feel free to dress comfortably for this event. What do you think I should wear? This is the first open house I'm going to so I have no idea what to expect. THANKS!!!

I'm going to the Purdue open house on Friday, and I've no idea what to wear either. My work/formal wardrobe is so limited! And my email invitation doesn't say to dress comfortably either.. Any advice?

Congratulations alicejcw! How exciting! I'm kinda kicking myself too for only applying to top schools. I'm still waiting for my acceptance to come. You only need one! :)

Thanks honeybee! One is even better than I was hoping for, I hate how competitive this field is! Fingers crossed for you too!

I'm going to the Purdue open house on Friday, and I've no idea what to wear either. My work/formal wardrobe is so limited! And my email invitation doesn't say to dress comfortably either.. Any advice?

I've got a meet-and-greet for accepted students in April, and I'll probably wear slacks and a shirt. Nothing too formal (it's not an interview), but not jeans either. I always feel like I'd rather be over-dressed than under-dressed. If it's warm enough, I may wear a dress w/a cardigan or something along those lines.

Id probably say 'business casual.' wouldnt necessarily go in a sweatshirt and jeans, but I mean, it's not a formal interview or anything. Im doing a couple of visits as well, and will probably dress like I would in the clinic with clients...

Id probably say 'business casual.' wouldnt necessarily go in a sweatshirt and jeans, but I mean, it's not a formal interview or anything. Im doing a couple of visits as well, and will probably dress like I would in the clinic with clients...

Agreed. I'd err on the side of caution and avoid jeans. It's the first time we'll be meeting our potential professors, so I think it's important to look nice.

I am so excited for this weekend! Is anyone else also doing a double header and seeing both IU and Purdue?

Congrats!! That's fantastic, I'm so happy for you!

Congrats! :D Boulder is an amazing place!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Boulder, too. Been checking my email on and off all day. Argh! haha

Re: Vandy... I emailed Lyn Smith and heard back in under three hours. I got in, which is pretty much a dream come true for me. I will wait for all funding possibilities to come out to make my final decision, but I am very much leaning towards Vandy even without funding.

I will be moving to Nashville from California, so I'll be looking for a roomie. Anyone know if there's a facebook group or another forum thread open yet for people who are starting Fall 2012?

Has anyone heard about funding for either University of Washington or Pacific University? I've heard zippo from UW, and I was told when I was admitted that I'm a finalist for an assistantship at Pacific, but that was over two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything else. Does funding info typically come a lot later than admits, or should I just accept that I probably won't receive funding?

Thanks as always to all the helpful people on this thread!