SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

HUGE congrats!!! Can I ask how you were notified? If it was via postal, where do you live and what was the postmark? I'm in NJ so it will take 1+ more days. UGH! Congrats again.

I live IN Nashville and am wondering why I didn't receive anything from Vanderbilt today. I thought they weren't sending them out until the 10th anyway.

HUGE congrats!!! Can I ask how you were notified? If it was via postal, where do you live and what was the postmark? I'm in NJ so it will take 1+ more days. UGH! Congrats again.

I live in Northwest Indiana (West Lafayette) and the postmark says March 4th.

Thanks everyone! I hope y'all get good news too. I am floored (and sort of disappointed in a way because they were sure to 1. tell me I probably wasn't getting a scholarship and 2. tell me exactly how much their program costs, which as you all probably know is a LOT).

I saw an acceptance on the results page for Rush University. I haven't heard anything back yet, though. Anyone else hear from them?

Where is the results page for Rush? I have only heard from them regarding my application being complete.

Thanks!!!

Has anyone who heard from MGH know anything about when we'll hear about potential funding? I was in the middle of a grocery store when I got my call, so between the noise and my happy dance, I did not catch everything that was said on the phone.

Okay, a few things:

1. Has anyone heard from University of Colorado @ Boulder? I have heard zilch and seen nothing on the boards, but thought I'd ask anyway.

2. I got accepted to Redlands (yaaaaay!!!) but when I inquired about funding, the woman said loans, all loans -_____-. Is that for everyone, you think? Or just me, despite being broke as a joke (according to FAFSA)?

Where is the results page for Rush? I have only heard from them regarding my application being complete.

Thanks!!!

Hey! My bad I worded that oddly - I meant the results page on gradcafe. There are several 'accepted' posts from March 4th. Hopefully there will be another round of acceptances coming soon. I tried to call the department today but wasn't able to get in touch with anyone.

Okay, a few things:

1. Has anyone heard from University of Colorado @ Boulder? I have heard zilch and seen nothing on the boards, but thought I'd ask anyway.

2. I got accepted to Redlands (yaaaaay!!!) but when I inquired about funding, the woman said loans, all loans -_____-. Is that for everyone, you think? Or just me, despite being broke as a joke (according to FAFSA)?

I applied at Boulder and haven't heard anything either. It looks like people started posting decisions around the middle of March last year. Supposedly there was going to be a web portal for grad applicants to check their status, but it's only functional for undergrads at this point (according to the Office of Admissions). Sigh.

I just checked out UT's site and I don't remember this red box being there, but I haven't been on the website in what seems like forever so I may be mistaken. Anyways, this is what it says:

ADMISSION DECISIONS are typically announced the second week of March prior to UT Austin closing for Spring Break. Decisions are announced on your

Application Status Check on the Graduate and International Admissions site regarding our decision of either ‘ADMIT’ or ‘DENY’. If admitted, you should email our CSD Graduate Office with your decision to accept or decline our offer of admission as soon as possible, but no later than April 15th. Those students who may be placed on a 'waiting list' will have their admission decision posted on the Graduate Admissions Status Check site after all those admitted in early March have responded with a decision.

So now we all know where we should frantically be checking :P

When did those of you who were accepted to Louisville find out? I haven't heard anything from Louisville yet and am not sure if my acceptance/waitlist/rejection letter is just lost in the mail or what...

Wow, apparently today was my day...3 decisions, 3 acceptances...come on Texas, stop dragging those feet!

awesome!! I think Texas should be coming soon... I know someone who received her acceptance + tons of funding on Friday in the mail. Good luck!!

When did those of you who were accepted to Louisville find out? I haven't heard anything from Louisville yet and am not sure if my acceptance/waitlist/rejection letter is just lost in the mail or what...

My letter came today to my home address (which is in southern Indiana about an hour from Louisville). I would have never known about it had my dad not texted me and said "Uh, you got this letter...want us to open it?"

And thanks for the info on Texas, everyone! I have all but ruled it out just based on difficulty of traveling to/from my hometown (no direct flights at any of the three airports within an hour away...bummer) UNLESS I magically get funding.

Hey, chin up! You're doing pretty well so far-- look at that funded offer you have! :) Who knows why they choose who they do?

Totally agree with this. Funding rocks...and I have a feeling Vandy was particularly cutthroat this year.

I really, really hate that everyone can't just get into their top choices.

Edited by mscongeniality1