SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Anyone contacted Arizona State recently?

I talked to them yesterday. They said they would be sending out notifications this week. When I asked how they would be doing it (ie: postal, website, email, etc), they said it depended on your decision.

Since other people have been asking about financial aid...has anybody heard from UIUC or Northwestern? My UIUC acceptance said decisions would be made soon (almost three weeks ago now) and NWU didn't even mention aid at all.

Ooooh, I'm seeing some NYU acceptances on the results board. Now the stress of living on the West coast and getting mail later than everyone else, heh. Honestly, I'm not even stressed at this point, I just want to know so I can make a decision and put this whole application process to bed (aka: start planning and stressing over something new ;) ).

Has anyone scheduled a visit to their acceptance schools on their own? Like not during a prearranged open house? I'd really like to visit 3 or 4 of the schools I was accepted to over my spring break but trying to coordinate it has been a nightmare since two of the schools are on spring break. Plus one of the schools acted sort of shocked when I asked if I could visit, the secretary said she'd have to talk to some faculty to see if they "did that sort of thing".

This seems to be turning into a giant pain but I think it'd be really valuable to get a hands on perspective of the schools before I make my final decision.

I guess I'm just feeling extra overwhelmed today.

I contacted one of my schools about a visit, and they said they had other students coming on two days, and I could join either. It isn't an "accepted students day" or anything like that, but multiple students contacted them, so its an impromptu visit/tour

OKAY so, I called Texas State again to find out the details haha just incase people are still wondering (like I was)

So, they sent out an email yesterday to those people who were accepted in the first round. If you didn't recieve an email, that means you are either waitlisted or rejected. They are hoping they will begin to notify waitlisted students by next Friday and they will keep doing this until the program is full in rounds. Also, if you are waitlisted or rejected, there is a chance you won't hear that you are waitlisted or rejected until after the April 15th deadline, so you will be basically sitting around waiting for a response, until that full class of 28 students is confirmed for their upcoming year.

Since other people have been asking about financial aid...has anybody heard from UIUC or Northwestern? My UIUC acceptance said decisions would be made soon (almost three weeks ago now) and NWU didn't even mention aid at all.

I can't help you with financial aid, but as a Northwestern undergrad alum, the preferred abbreviation is NU. :) There, now you'll blend right in. ;)

so according to the results page, some people heard from Northwestern about funding... not me :( UGH why can't more schools give out money for our education!

Aw sad, me neither! But on the bright side it makes decisions easier!

OKAY so, I called Texas State again to find out the details haha just incase people are still wondering (like I was)

So, they sent out an email yesterday to those people who were accepted in the first round. If you didn't recieve an email, that means you are either waitlisted or rejected. They are hoping they will begin to notify waitlisted students by next Friday and they will keep doing this until the program is full in rounds. Also, if you are waitlisted or rejected, there is a chance you won't hear that you are waitlisted or rejected until after the April 15th deadline, so you will be basically sitting around waiting for a response, until that full class of 28 students is confirmed for their upcoming year.

Thanks for the information. I hope to hear from them (fingers crossed) mellow.gif

I have chosen Rush for several reasons - here are a few - the program is affordable, the campus is in the medical district of Chicago, putting you right in the heart of everything, the faculty has already been extremely helpful and quick to respond with all of my prerequisite issues and overall Chicago rocks.

Have been accepted but still deciding. Are you just curious about how many people have decided yet or are you going? I visited but I still feel like I don't know the program well enough to decide. Anyone have opinions on why or why not they are deciding to go to Rush? I could really use the input.

On 3/23/2011 at 7:25 AM, crlynchn said:

Anyone here applied to the Foundation Program at Loyola, Md? Had interview day before yesterday. Heard that there were 300 applicants.

WOw, 300 applicants just for the foundation program or in total? I applied to the 2 year program, still have not heard anything. Goodluck to you :)

WOw, 300 applicants just for the foundation program or in total? I applied to the 2 year program, still have not heard anything. Goodluck to you :)

Good luck to you too. I had no idea that this field was so competitive.

Hey guys, about each graduate program gets roughly 300 applications for SLP, it is unfortunately a very competitive field! Hopefully you all will get some very good news! :D

Good luck to you too. I had no idea that this field was so competitive.

Edited by Daniela

I have chosen Rush for several reasons - here are a few - the program is affordable, the campus is in the medical district of Chicago, putting you right in the heart of everything, the faculty has already been extremely helpful and quick to respond with all of my prerequisite issues and overall Chicago rocks.

I'm seriously considering Rush too, but at $62,000 it isn't very affordable for me. Did you receive funding? Last I heard, they were sending out decisions this week.

Oh...I got the impression that the 300 applications were just for the Foundation Program. The interviewer was the director of the Foundation Program.

I don't know anything about that particular school or program, but I can tell you that I just spoke with the graduate director at Adelphi University and he personally told me that their program alone received over 700 applications.

Oh...I got the impression that the 300 applications were just for the Foundation Program. The interviewer was the director of the Foundation Program.