Any Theatre/Drama/Performance Studies People Out There?

ViridianMambo

I've seen a few Theatre people on the Grad Café, but no one that's posted recently. Anyone applying to MA or MA/PhD programs in Theatre/Performance Studies/Drama/etc.? I've applied to 8 schools (Stanford, Brown, Northwestern, UMN, UT Austin, UC Boulder, Indiana U, and U of IL Urbana-Champaign). Anyone had luck applying last year, or any delightful stories this year?

The next 3+ months are going to suuuuuuuuck! :blink:

I applied to Tisch's Performance Studies program and I may apply to UC Davis' too (its due in May. MAY.) I tried to get in touch with a professor but he literally was booked on phone appointments. Not counting on that school haha.

Yikes! May?? Who does that? For reals? Maybe it's for the spring semester?

Glad I only have to wait until April to find out - - - I'd go bonkers otherwise. Good luck!

I applied to Tisch's Performance Studies program and I may apply to UC Davis' too (its due in May. MAY.) I tried to get in touch with a professor but he literally was booked on phone appointments. Not counting on that school haha.

I too applied to Northwestern, but for its Interdisciplinary Program in Theatre and Drama. Is that what you applied to, Nineve16? I just saw some interviews for Northwestern's Comm Studies PhD, and since the IPTD is housed in the school of Communications, I'm a little nervous!

Good luck all! :-)

Yes, that was the same program I applied to. I've heard that interviews can take place at any point, but mostly in late February to early March, so maybe Comm Studies just has a later date?

Good luck to you!

I too applied to Northwestern, but for its Interdisciplinary Program in Theatre and Drama. Is that what you applied to, Nineve16? I just saw some interviews for Northwestern's Comm Studies PhD, and since the IPTD is housed in the school of Communications, I'm a little nervous!

Good luck all! :-)

I hear great things about DePaul, and there's so much darned theatre in Chicago, you'll be swimming in it! Chicago Shakes does great work, too. Besides, the Windy City is a great place to boot! Wish they had a PhD program like woah...

Hope you get in!