Clinical and Counselling Psychology Canadian Masters Application Forum Fall 2024

20 hours ago, ClinicalNeuroPsych said:

Has anyone interviewed at TMU already?

I'm not sure if this helps, but I emailed the admissions office to ask basically if I should assume I am rejected at this point if I haven't received an interview and the response was, "Many of our faculty members are still making decisions around their shortlisted candidates and once I receive their choices, I will continue to invite candidates." so, let's not lose hope yet! I'm still waiting to hear from them 🤞

On 1/25/2024 at 2:55 AM, BuddingMagnolia said:

I received an invitation to interview for McMaster MSc Psychotherapy program, I heard on the 19th and my interview is the first week of February. Anyone who has experience with the interview process - please send help lol I dont know what to expect or what questions I should be using to prepare.

Hey same here lol!! If you know anything about it pls help haha

Hi everyone, for those who have applied to Clinical programs before, is it safe to assume that if you do not hear from schools by the first week of Feb for interviews that you can assume rejection, especially if other people have been notified of open houses and interview days and such? :)

1 hour ago, educationlover said:

Hi everyone, for those who have applied to Clinical programs before, is it safe to assume that if you do not hear from schools by the first week of Feb for interviews that you can assume rejection, especially if other people have been notified of open houses and interview days and such? :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this is very dependant on the school. Some schools have an informal waiting list they don't inform applicants about (just in case someone declines their offer). Some schools wait until everyone's accepted their offers to send out rejections to everyone. Some schools will decline you even before the interview process if they feel they have a "higher caliber" of applicants (this last one was my experience this year).

I hope you still hold out some hope cause none of us know the background processes for graduate admissions. Good luck ❤️

On 1/14/2024 at 8:56 AM, space-psych said:

Has anyone heard from from Western University's clinical program or McGill's Counselling program about interviews? 

I had an informal interview with a PI at McGill. I have worked with her before and know her well so it might be a different timeline for other PIs 

1 hour ago, pucinskipsych said:

Has anyone heard anything from UManitoba? 

Hey are you waiting to hear back from the Clinical Psych or the MEd Counselling Psych program?

If you're waiting to hear back from Clinical, I saw someone posted on GradCafe they had an interview on Jan 17th.

Edited by groooooooovy

13 minutes ago, groooooooovy said:

Hey are you waiting to hear back from the Clinical Psych or the MEd Counselling Psych program?

If you're waiting to hear back from Clinical, I saw someone posted on GradCafe they had an interview on Jan 17th.

Oooo okay, thank you I missed that! I'll take it as a soft rejection for now I guess. This whole process is so hard :(