MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I searched the forum, from last year, and in my state of anticipation I wrote down some of the dates of painting acceptances/ rejections from last year, so it's kind of a heads up timeline! I only searched the schools that I applied to, and only for painting, but I'll post what I found....

SAIC:

*by 2/25 some people still had heard nothing a all

interview request: 2/11 (mail)

rejections: 2/18 (mail) 3/20 (after being interviewed) 2/22 (with an offer for Post Bacc)

acceptances: 3/18, 3/21 (after interviews)

Tyler:

rejection: 2/13 (mail)

finalist: 2/19

UT Austin:

rejection: 2/16 (mail)

waitlisted: 2/28

I don't know if hey have interviews?

PAFA:

acceptance: 2/22, 2/23 (mail)

I asked if they had interviews on my tour...but now I can't remember if they do or not...

CCNY:

*people still had not heard by 3/24

Purchase:

rejection: 3/13 (but the person had not been interviewed)

UDelaware:

decisions were all made around 2/19...I don't know if there were interviews.

SVA:

rejection: 3/30 (mail)

acceptance: 2/24-ish (mail)

Hunter:

*By 3/10, some people still had heard nothing at all ...not even interviews....but there were interviews.

rejections: 3/8, 3/22, 3/18 (via online system)

acceptance: 4/1, 4/8, 3/18 (phone calls)

interview notifications: around 3/9

Rutgers:

*some people had heard nothing by 3/20....I don't know if there are interviews...

rejection: 3/8

thats awesome. What forums did you find these in? I need to do some research too.

I searched the forum, from last year, and in my state of anticipation I wrote down some of the dates of painting acceptances/ rejections from last year, so it's kind of a heads up timeline! I only searched the schools that I applied to, and only for painting, but I'll post what I found....

SAIC:

*by 2/25 some people still had heard nothing a all

interview request: 2/11 (mail)

rejections: 2/18 (mail) 3/20 (after being interviewed) 2/22 (with an offer for Post Bacc)

acceptances: 3/18, 3/21 (after interviews)

Tyler:

rejection: 2/13 (mail)

finalist: 2/19

UT Austin:

rejection: 2/16 (mail)

waitlisted: 2/28

I don't know if hey have interviews?

PAFA:

acceptance: 2/22, 2/23 (mail)

I asked if they had interviews on my tour...but now I can't remember if they do or not...

CCNY:

*people still had not heard by 3/24

Purchase:

rejection: 3/13 (but the person had not been interviewed)

UDelaware:

decisions were all made around 2/19...I don't know if there were interviews.

SVA:

rejection: 3/30 (mail)

acceptance: 2/24-ish (mail)

Hunter:

*By 3/10, some people still had heard nothing at all ...not even interviews....but there were interviews.

rejections: 3/8, 3/22, 3/18 (via online system)

acceptance: 4/1, 4/8, 3/18 (phone calls)

interview notifications: around 3/9

Rutgers:

*some people had heard nothing by 3/20....I don't know if there are interviews...

rejection: 3/8

Why didn't you apply? Your work is great..

Thanks, that's very nice of you. Basically I didn't like the program, I wasn't feeling the professors or the recent grad work, and if I did apply it would be just because of the name, and that's not enough for me, I really want a program I believe in.

I have been reading a lot about the director, Rober Storr and I think he would have liked your work. (Just sayin)

Thanks, that's very nice of you. Basically I didn't like the program, I wasn't feeling the professors or the recent grad work, and if I did apply it would be just because of the name, and that's not enough for me, I really want a program I believe in.

I'll add a couple of dates to that list for other schools:

Northwestern:

Rejections: 2/7

MICA- Mount Royal

Interviews mostly by 2/18

PennDesign:

it says March 12th but some hadnt heard by 3/20

CU:

No one had heard by 3/24

UNM photography:

rejection 2/1

UNM land and ecology:

rejection 2/10

*all by snail mail

CONGRATS to those with Yale interviews and sorry for the rejections, good things WILL come.

My list says between 2/13 and 2/19...sooo probably this coming week or the week after! I think sculpture people said they heard that they were finalists via email, but I'm not sure. When I visited Tyler, they said that they did not have formal interviews, they skype you instead....but from what people are saying now, maybe I was mis-informed, or maybe painting is different.

any idea when Tyler painting is replying?

Does anyone know if the following schools have interviews:

PAFA

UDelaware

UT Austin

Rutgers

????

I would call and ask, but at this point I don't want to annoy them with unnecessary questioning

My list says between 2/13 and 2/19...sooo probably this coming week or the week after! I think sculpture people said they heard that they were finalists via email, but I'm not sure. When I visited Tyler, they said that they did not have formal interviews, they skype you instead....but from what people are saying now, maybe I was mis-informed, or maybe painting is different.

I didn't know they had interviews, hopefully they do skype ones and hopefully they start giving notices next week, its been long enough for them.lol

Edited by vermillion

Oh how nerve rattling! I tried to paint today, but I am to nervous. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. Is anyones parents taking the rejection worse than you? My mom has posted inspirational folk songs on my fbook wall. Ugh..

Edited by orangetrousers

I hate to admit it, but I haven't painted in almost 6 WEEKS!! Depressing I know!!! The only art I have done is sample art projects for little kids and posters for my lessons. The week after I finished apps I spent working and sleeping....and then I had gained a few lbs from the stress of applications and now I'm spending my studio time at the gym until I get back in shape!! I attempted to paint in my bedroom one day, but then got dizzy and sick with the oil paints (bad ventillation) and decided to stop. Now the past 4 weeks, between applications, the gym, school, and writing lesson plans, I haven't had the time :-(. Now I gotta study for a big test to finish my teaching license. So double no time :-( Once I finish getting my license in May I will have more time again...can't wait for spring breakkk!!!

Haven't had any rejection letters yet...but the parents are definitely getting annoyed by my obsessing over it.

Don't feel bad about not getting into yale....there are like 1500 applicants! and it's partially a lottery ticket for sure...every school is. It's also probably hard for me to comprehend the disappointment because i haven't experienced it yet. You just can't let it bring u down!!

Oh how nerve rattling! I tried to paint today, but I am to nervous. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. Is anyones parents taking the rejection worse than you? My mom has posted inspirational folk songs on my fbook wall. Ugh..

here are some more dates i dug up for a few programs (all rejections...). it's helpful to see when schools respond, anxiety-level-wise.

UT Austin - rejected via letter mid-February

Tyler Painting - rejected via letter on 3/12/09

Tyler Sculpture - rejected via letter on 3/28/09

VCU Sculpture - rejected via letter on 3/30/09

RISD Sculpture - rejected via letter on 3/17/09

UMD College Park - rejected via letter on 3/24/09

I'll add a couple of dates to that list for other schools:

Northwestern:

Rejections: 2/7

MICA- Mount Royal

Interviews mostly by 2/18

PennDesign:

it says March 12th but some hadnt heard by 3/20

CU:

No one had heard by 3/24

UNM photography:

rejection 2/1

UNM land and ecology:

rejection 2/10

*all by snail mail

CONGRATS to those with Yale interviews and sorry for the rejections, good things WILL come.

Some more--I'm obsessing a bit, and some of these are repeats, but hopefully helpful.

Mica (Hoffberger) - Accepted 3/19

WUSTL (Sam Fox School) - Accepted 2/18

Sfai - Accepted 2/17

Risd - Waitlisted 3/30

Yale - Interviewed 3/26

Columbia College Chicago- Accepted, March 11

SVA-Rejected, March 12

SAIC-Rejected, March 16

I heard from VCU painting via email on February 3 that I have an interview

rejected by Tyler via letter on February 12

email feb. 6 that i was a "finalist" for the mfa painting at tyler

Rejected Univ NC-Chapel Hill 2/1

Accepted UW-Madison - 2/10

RISD Interview on March 24

Hunter Interview March 20

UT Austin Wait List Feb 25

On 2/5/2011 at 7:21 PM, lisad333 said:

here are some more dates i dug up for a few programs (all rejections...). it's helpful to see when schools respond, anxiety-level-wise.

UT Austin - rejected via letter mid-February

Tyler Painting - rejected via letter on 3/12/09

Tyler Sculpture - rejected via letter on 3/28/09

VCU Sculpture - rejected via letter on 3/30/09

RISD Sculpture - rejected via letter on 3/17/09

UMD College Park - rejected via letter on 3/24/09

ASU MFA rejection today via email. This was my "backup" school as one of the professors came to an exhibit of mine and told me I should apply. Maybe that's why it stings so much? Now I'm officially going to cry and I've got 7 more to go....

it is ok HopeDreamPaint, don't worry I'm in the same boat... I haven't gotten the word definitively yet but I know someone at one of my schools and I heard through the grapevine that it does not look good for me!!! I wont say which school it is right now because I don't want to sell out my insider but lets just say it was a definite "safety" school. Last night when I got the news I was literally sick to my stomach and so terrified at the prospect of this being an indicator of what was to come. but then I read through the posts form last year and I felt so much better. NO ONE got into every school they applied too and even people who were getting into the best schools were rejected by other schools that weren't even ranked. It is all about finding the right school for your work! Heads up everyone, it will all work out and if not there is always next year.

Thank You so much, I really needed to hear that!!! It is nice to not feel alone in it. Don't you hate how how hard we always are on ourselves! I wish I wasn't like that. Very true and well said it is about finding the right school for your work!!

Ah lots of luck everyone, back to the waiting game!

it is ok HopeDreamPaint, don't worry I'm in the same boat... I haven't gotten the word definitively yet but I know someone at one of my schools and I heard through the grapevine that it does not look good for me!!! I wont say which school it is right now because I don't want to sell out my insider but lets just say it was a definite "safety" school. Last night when I got the news I was literally sick to my stomach and so terrified at the prospect of this being an indicator of what was to come. but then I read through the posts form last year and I felt so much better. NO ONE got into every school they applied too and even people who were getting into the best schools were rejected by other schools that weren't even ranked. It is all about finding the right school for your work! Heads up everyone, it will all work out and if not there is always next year.

my friend applied there to the interdisciplinary program did you do painting or interdisciplinary???? Has anyone else heard from CCA? and CONGRATS on the inteview, good luck!

I found out yesterday, via email, that I have a phone interview this week with CCA.

I'm excited and nervous!