MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

got an interview for next tuesday with Penn design at 11:30 even though just before I got that emailI got an email respinse from an administrator saying that they DID NOT cunduct interviews!!! YAY what a relief to at least HEAR form someone.

Congratulations! That's awesome! I almost applied there as well, but I just had to narrow my list down.

Yay! Penn interview on Monday 2/14. Got an email today. Penn is one of my top choices so I'm excited and really nervous. I generally hate talking on the phone because of no eye-contact or tangible presence...

Does any one have any clue what they will ask? I guess from other posts about interviews it is mostly questions about our ideas, process, and influences....

Advice on interviews, anyone?

Yay! Penn interview on Monday 2/14. Got an email today. Penn is one of my top choices so I'm excited and really nervous. I generally hate talking on the phone because of no eye-contact or tangible presence...

Does any one have any clue what they will ask? I guess from other posts about interviews it is mostly questions about our ideas, process, and influences....

Advice on interviews, anyone?

My advice is do your research, know why you want to go to that school, and be yourself.

Good luck! and Congratulations!

Hi Cobalt: Congrats on hearing from SFAI and getting an interview!

I applied there as well and am hopeful I'll hear something soon. I wonder if they connect with people in waves or all at once.... my stomach is a mess waiting to hear from all my schools.

I did get an interview with CCA so that's positive.

Anyone hear from Berkeley at all? I think I saw that someone did on another thread but I'm trying to remain hopeful that they are still reaching out...

Hey, thanks! And Congrats right back! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I haven't heard from USC and I'm assuming I didn't get in due to the other post saying 20 people are being interviewed for 7 slots.

where did you read that about USC?

I haven't heard from USC and I'm assuming I didn't get in due to the other post saying 20 people are being interviewed for 7 slots.

I agree with everyone who didn't hear about interviews today, I'm sad about SMFA that was one of my top choices. However, I am grateful for this forum so that I don't have to wait til March/April for my rejection. I know now and it will give me more time to move on and look forward to hearing from other schools.

i've only heard from Slade: last week (Feb 3) by email - i'm on the shortlist, and only those who can attend an interview in person will do so; no phone or skype interviews (i'm in Canada so i won't be going); otherwise they will review portfolios of those who can't attend again during interview week.

Dang. There goes another one for me. But thanks so much for posting that and for joining our convo here--and congrats on being shortlisted! Let us know if u hear anything more. Where else did you apply?

Okay, that was a major typo! I meant UCB! So sorry to mislead!

Dang. There goes another one for me. But thanks so much for posting that and for joining our convo here--and congrats on being shortlisted! Let us know if u hear anything more. Where else did you apply?

well, thank you. i've applied to MICA (Mount Royal & Hoffberger) and SAIC, and a few here in Canada as well (no one here will know of them i'm sure). btw caraa i think your work is really great.

well, thank you. i've applied to MICA (Mount Royal & Hoffberger) and SAIC, and a few here in Canada as well (no one here will know of them i'm sure). btw caraa i think your work is really great.

thanks! do you have a site with your work? i wonder if either of us will hear from mica anytime soon...when i got a hoffberger interview last year, they notified me on the 16th...

ha, I read that too and my reaction was something along the lines of !!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...blink.gif..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..??!dry.gif

I'm not expecting any news from USC until march.

Ha! I wasn't ready for that blow just yet. The applications were due 2/1 or something so I thought I had a little more time! Thanks for clarifying.

Laura I really love your portraits, you've been busy this year. Wish I could pull up my '11 stuff but I'm having a hard time finding a new photographer. I've also applied to SAIC, and to be honest, seeing your work makes me a bit nervous for myself! Best of luck to you, I'd love to know when you here from them. I'm out in Seattle.

I know a couple of people have heard from MICA for GD and illustration... but does anyone know ANYTHING about Mt Royal or Rinehart???????????????????????????????????????????????

mt royal is still reviewing, rinehart from what i understand through the grapevine has already sent out some interviews.

Thanks for letting me know.. do you know if Rinehart has finished the review process and sent out all the interview invites?

mt royal is still reviewing, rinehart from what i understand through the grapevine has already sent out some interviews.

So if I haven't received a call from MICA this week, should I assume that I'm not accepted? I assume they call everyone they plan to accept, correct?

Also, does anyone know how many spots are open at VCU?

I don't know if I'd assume you didn't get accepted. They were supposed to be getting back to applicants "during the coming weeks" from what they said in an e-mail on 2/3, so I wouldn't worry about that just yet.