MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Oh, and a recommender today ran into a faculty from a school that I was accepted to and she said she was specifically told that her letter made a difference in their decision. She is usually not one to BS about this kind of stuff (she is pretty straightforward), so I was stoked about it. So those of you that think recommenders don't matter or that they don't read the letters, they definitely do. Make sure they all get in!

hey...i'm applying to tyler in printmaking...and did not get an email? does that mean i'm finished? also, my status still says, "complete, ready to be reviewed"...what does that mean? has anyone looked at it yet?

My email came directly from the head of the painting and sculpture. Printmaking may not have made any selections yet.

OK here is what I am starting to believe more and more:

*NONE of us are certain of anything until the official word comes in!!!!!!!!

**Interviews do not necessarily mean you are a finalist and not having an interview does not mean you are NOT a finalist.

***It seems as though each year things are done slightly differently and so all we can do is speculate!!!!!! All we really really really know i that it aint over till its over!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep trying to tell myself that we will all end up where we are supposed to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heads up everyone, in about a month we will have a much, much better picture of how this is all going to pan out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck again!

Edited by wannaknow

**Interviews do not necessarily mean you are a finalist and not having an interview does not mean you are NOT a finalist.

***It seems as though each year things are done slightly differently and so all we can do is speculate!!!!!! All we really really really know i that it aint over till its over!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep trying to tell myself that we will all end up where we are supposed to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heads up everyone, in about a month we will have a much, much better picture of how this is all going to pan out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck again!

Whoa there — save some exclamation marks for the rest of us ...

This is very helpful! Thank you, lisa333! :)

I had an interview with Penn, and my sense was that they were calling lots of people, just to get a quick sense of us: there was a 10 minute time limit on the conversation, and they only asked two questions (Why Penn an which artists would you recommend for visiting artist lecture series?)--at least that's how mine went, and my understanding is that that was relatively standard format. Not much talking about our work. They may have been calling people they were on the fence about/ needed more info about--not sure. I wouldn't read too much into getting or not getting an interview there, at this point. Hope that helps--and if anyone who had an interview there feels differently, holler.

well said!

Well said "wannaknow"

I'm sitting here cosinging everthing you wrote.

!! <-- two more I think you forgot : P

Edited by femmedephoto

For those of you that have heard from Tyler about getting into the final round of painting, does your application status still say "complete and ready for review?" This is getting a bit disheartening...

Yes, I'm a Painting applicant, and my app status is still "Complete, Ready for Review."

UGHHH SAIC did the same thing to me....I was like, um, thanks? Way to get my hopes up...

And yet another day has gone by where I have yet to hear anything from any school.

Received a very large, thick envelope from RISD today....it was their catalog. (ugh..sigh of let down)

Has anyone ever just started talking without any coherent aim or idea of what it is that you're trying to say?.... well, i did. During a phone interview. I was so nervous that I just talked and talked completely abandoning the answers that I had planned. It's actually pretty hilarious hahaha.

See ya PennDesign!

That happened to me last year when I was so nervous...but as long as they enjoyed the conversation, you will be fine.

Also, you will do much better job next time :)

If you don't mind telling us, what kind of questions did they ask?

Has anyone ever just started talking without any coherent aim or idea of what it is that you're trying to say?.... well, i did. During a phone interview. I was so nervous that I just talked and talked completely abandoning the answers that I had planned. It's actually pretty hilarious hahaha.

See ya PennDesign!

Edited by theshadow

Thank goodness, a call from UCLA today as one of their finalists. that was LEAST expected. so full of excitement and nervousness. The first thing on my mind . . . maybe i can get back to work now!

i got one too! so happy! good luck to us!

Thank goodness, a call from UCLA today as one of their finalists. that was LEAST expected. so full of excitement and nervousness. The first thing on my mind . . . maybe i can get back to work now!