MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I got a rejection email a while ago, so, dont lose hope!!!

sorry to have mild schadenfreude at this, but thanks for the update :] it's felt like that application just went into a black hole, so it's nice to know they are processing them....

Edited by va. woolf

i recieved an email for an interview in late February. From some of the threads it appears that candidates who interviewed early in March have recieved a definite answer.

rejection from risd via post.

has anyone who applied to studio art heard anything from NYU?

yeah they sent me an email a long time ago saying I was rejected...like a month ago!

so you are still in there!!

good luck!

i recieved an email for an interview in late February. From some of the threads it appears that candidates who interviewed early in March have recieved a definite answer.

i think everyone has it. its not unique to you because if you haven't logged in yet than it isn't for you.

I SEE THAT AT THE BOTTOM OF MY PAGE AS WELL FOR USC. DOES EVERYONE HAVE THIS? SHOULD I SUBMIT MORE PHOTOGRAPHS?!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. PERHAPS I SHOULD JUST CONTACT ADMISSIONS? (hahah sorry for all caps. I'm not yelling at you). laugh.gif

Don't give up yet! Maybe this just means you're still in the running for acceptance :) It took a really long time for anybody to get back to me, as well. I just started hearing Mid-March. Even then, four of the schools I applied to haven't really contacted me either. Maybe to ease your consciousness you can contact admissions to see if your apps are complete and when you can expect to hear a decision. Good luck to you!

I got crazy, no email, no online update, no post mail, no interview, no call, nothing came from any of the schools........... dry.gif

Hey!

I think it's fine at this point in the game to politely request the status of your application. I find most places won't tell you your results over the phone, but they will say when the decision letters will be mailed, and if they have gone out already.

is it rude to contact admissions to find out whats going on with your application if you have not heard anyyything? or should i chill

hey, thanks a lot

Hey!

I think it's fine at this point in the game to politely request the status of your application. I find most places won't tell you your results over the phone, but they will say when the decision letters will be mailed, and if they have gone out already.

I emailed CU-Boulder and asked them about my admissions status and he wrote back this morning saying that I am "not on the accepted List" LOL well they werent a top choice but I'm glad to have finally heard something.....so now all I'm doing is waiting for MICA (which I assume will be a rej) and I'm done guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!! I can say now that unless something changes drastically, I will be going to Penn!!!!!! I couldnt possibly be happier about it, bc it was one of my top choices and the more I talked with them and the more I learned the more and more I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very happy that htis whole process is almost over and I send the best of wishes to everyone on the Forum!!! It has been so wonderful to have you guys ot talk to and share with during this whole process... what a stressful and rewarding time!!! Good luck to everyone with everything, I'm sure I will be visiting this forum much less frequently now... Congrats to all the awesome acceptances this year and well wishes to those still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I emailed CU-Boulder and asked them about my admissions status and he wrote back this morning saying that I am "not on the accepted List" LOL well they werent a top choice but I'm glad to have finally heard something.....so now all I'm doing is waiting for MICA (which I assume will be a rej) and I'm done guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!! I can say now that unless something changes drastically, I will be going to Penn!!!!!! I couldnt possibly be happier about it, bc it was one of my top choices and the more I talked with them and the more I learned the more and more I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very happy that htis whole process is almost over and I send the best of wishes to everyone on the Forum!!! It has been so wonderful to have you guys ot talk to and share with during this whole process... what a stressful and rewarding time!!! Good luck to everyone with everything, I'm sure I will be visiting this forum much less frequently now... Congrats to all the awesome acceptances this year and well wishes to those still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness you've heard from nearly all of your schools! Still waiting on that rejection from Columbia . . . and hopefully something official from UCLA. I'm happy to hear you are excited about your choice, I wish I was in a choosing position like you! I'm getting myself all worked up for a move to Los Angeles and have yet to get a confirmation. Thanks for helping with the stress of the application process for me, this forum is so helpful.

Good luck to everyone this month!

So I called Cornell and the lady who picked up got my name and then told me that if I didn't get on the waitlist or get a request for an interview, that I most likely did not get in. She also said that they're running a bit behind but letters should be mailed out next week. I hope this helps anyone. And I guess I must be rejected...

Hi! Which program are you applying to at Columbia University?

I applied for the MFA in Photo and still haven't heard back from them....

Oh my goodness you've heard from nearly all of your schools! Still waiting on that rejection from Columbia . . . and hopefully something official from UCLA. I'm happy to hear you are excited about your choice, I wish I was in a choosing position like you! I'm getting myself all worked up for a move to Los Angeles and have yet to get a confirmation. Thanks for helping with the stress of the application process for me, this forum is so helpful.

Good luck to everyone this month!

I called Roski school of art at USC and they said decision letters were mailed out yesterday....

I think its weird that no on on this board got an interview. I think she might have been referring to undergrad.. I am not sure. I am a bit worried now.

I called Roski school of art at USC and they said decision letters were mailed out yesterday....

I think its weird that no on on this board got an interview. I think she might have been referring to undergrad.. I am not sure. I am a bit worried now.

I had a skype interview last Tuesday. I thought it went well and they said they would get back to me by the end of the week but they never contacted me again. I'd guess the letters are rejections. It sounded like everyone admitted gets and interview and that all interviews were completed last week. Not sure if this is 100% but for all the USC hopefuls (myself included) an optimistic outcome no longer looks likely.

Edited by dozens