MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Has anyone heard back from SAIC FVNMA(Film, Video, New Media and Animation)?

I called them last week and was told that the decision has been made on Friday(Mar 18th).

But still haven't heard back yet though I'm living in Chicago. :-(

No, I still haven't either, but I'm all the way on the east coast. I am really anxious about it.

I got a weird email today, though, that was about a scholarship for grads and how to apply for it.

waitlisted at MICA Mt. Royal... nothing yet bout Rinehart... wonder how big the waitlist is for these programs

I am an alternate for Rinehart, but they said there's only 5 people being accepted so I probably won't get an offer. I'm also in the top four waitlisted at Mount Royal and they said there would most likely be an offer. If you call they may tell you where you are on the list.

Hello,

Has anyone heard from the CalArts MFA Program in Art yet post-interview (March 9/10)?

I was told the decisions were to be sent out last week, but so far there has been nothing.

Thanks!

I had my interview with NYU two weeks ago. They told me that after this week (current one) they will send the results.

I'm not sure when you hear back from them. I have an interview later this week. I did read on this thread that someone was given admission right after the interview.

How long was the interview?

Did anyone get an email from SAIC about the Margot and Thomas Pritzker Foundation?

I'm super confused about what it means; I still haven't heard anything from the school.

It means you have been accepted. Note that it says, "will award to NEW and continuing students." I had to call the school and pressure them into giving me an answer over the phone since I have other schools pressuring me to choose. Then I received that e-mail but still no official letter, however, I know I am accepted. I think decisions just went out last week (so they said. I was told by the director of graduate admissions that they went out three weeks ago and learned differently when I called again).

Just got accepted into RIT!!

With Merit-based scholarship!! - snailmail

---------------------------------------------

SMFA - accepted via e-mail (merit-based scholarship)

MassArt- accepted snailmail/phone call

ICP- accepted (waiting for funding info)

SVA - accepted (GSAL student)

RIT - accepted (merit-based scholarship)

RISD- wait list

PARSONS- wait list

YALE- rejected

COLUMBIA- waiting

NYU- interview last week (waiting)

Congrats!! What school are you leaning towards?

Just got accepted into RIT!!

With Merit-based scholarship!! - snailmail

---------------------------------------------

SMFA - accepted via e-mail (merit-based scholarship)

MassArt- accepted snailmail/phone call

ICP- accepted (waiting for funding info)

SVA - accepted (GSAL student)

RIT - accepted (merit-based scholarship)

RISD- wait list

PARSONS- wait list

YALE- rejected

COLUMBIA- waiting

NYU- interview last week (waiting)

Thanks!! Im really happy with the results so far.

I don't know. Im still waiting to hear about scholarships for ICP and SVA.

It's all sooo expensive!

Any suggestions?

Congrats to you too!!

Congrats!! What school are you leaning towards?

The same thing happened to me. I think you're in!!

Did anyone get an email from SAIC about the Margot and Thomas Pritzker Foundation?

I'm super confused about what it means; I still haven't heard anything from the school.

When did you hear acceptance from ICP? I had interviewed ICP but still they did not any response.

Thanks!! Im really happy with the results so far.

I don't know. Im still waiting to hear about scholarships for ICP and SVA.

It's all sooo expensive!

Any suggestions?

Congrats to you too!!

I heard from them last week. Nayland Blake send me an email.

If I were you I would contact them and ask!

Good luck!!

When did you hear acceptance from ICP? I had interviewed ICP but still they did not any response.

I didn't get an interview with MICA so I assume I am rejected. VCU was my top choice so I have already confirmed my acceptance. Let me know which way you go! I've heard MICA offering some money but they are still super pricey.

I see... Yeah now it really is between MICA and VCU. Not sure which way to go. I have yet to hear back from YALE after my interview next week but funding for YALE just seems unreachable.... How about you?

Looks like you have awesome schools to decide from. Keep us posted on where you pick. I would love to go to VCU or Yale.

I see... Yeah now it really is between MICA and VCU. Not sure which way to go. I have yet to hear back from YALE after my interview next week but funding for YALE just seems unreachable.... How about you?