MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

My Award Letter was mainly the same--mostly loans (which don't cover the full amount of tuition), and a small grant of $5,000.

I just got an email with my "Award Letter" from SFAI. Looks like it's just the amount of student loans I qualify for. Not much of an "Award" if you ask me. Did anyone else get this and have scholarship or grant money added?

so several people have gotten interviews or been waitlisted, but no one yet has reported having been accepted or, as in our cases, officially rejected?

yes, several people have gotten interviews or waitlist emails. i think if you haven't heard by now (like me) you can assume rejection...

So has anybody applied to Graphic Design Programs in Europe? Netherlands, Finland, UK? if so, where?

Yeah Royal college of art communication art and design program in London. There is also central saint martins and a few other good programs in the uk.

Has anyone received notification of interview from SVA IxD program? SVA Interaction Design is my Top choice !

----------------------------------------------------

SVA - IxD -?

Risd - D+M - ?

Pratt - Digital Arts - ?

Parsons - TransDesign - ?

FIT - Exhibition Design - Accepted

SAIC - Emerging Technology - Accepted

I don't know how they do things at SVA schedule-wise (rolling admissions, etc.), but I know of at least one person who's already been admitted to that program.

Has anyone received notification of interview from SVA IxD program? SVA Interaction Design is my Top choice !

----------------------------------------------------

SVA - IxD -?

Risd - D+M - ?

Pratt - Digital Arts - ?

Parsons - TransDesign - ?

FIT - Exhibition Design - Accepted

SAIC - Emerging Technology - Accepted

How did you know that guys ? :blink: Are there many person to apply IxD program?

Thanks~

I don't know how they do things at SVA schedule-wise (rolling admissions, etc.), but I know of at least one person who's already been admitted to that program.

yes, that's right. someone called cornell a few days ago (post a few pages back) and they said that it's a pretty safe bet that if we haven't heard anything from them by now that means rejected. they'll probably send letters soon.

so several people have gotten interviews or been waitlisted, but no one yet has reported having been accepted or, as in our cases, officially rejected?

I just got an email with my "Award Letter" from SFAI. Looks like it's just the amount of student loans I qualify for. Not much of an "Award" if you ask me. Did anyone else get this and have scholarship or grant money added?

Yes, I was awarded a grant from SFAI and it was listed on the award letter. The grant amount was listed on the top portion, underneath the tuition, not in the bottom, where the stafford loan info was.

Hello, new to the site. Can anyone tell me if I should hold out hope for RISD painting, since I haven't received a rejection yet? I know they are supposed to interview, and that one person apparently has been contacted to do so for painting, but I wonder if I still might be in the running. Thanks!

I know that they finished up interviews yesterday, so at this point I think you can assume the dreaded "r" word. :/

hello everyone!

has anyone accepted to RISD received an official letter via mail with funding information, or who has been accepted to SAIC received their award letter? they were supposed to come in weeks ago, but nothing. perhaps they're behind. thanks!

I had my interview yesterday. I couldn't help myself; my parting question was, "When will candidates receive an answer?"

Early next week.

Good luck!

anyone who interviewed with nyu steinhardt hear back yet? or anyone from VCU sulpture

Congratulations! What program did you apply to at SVA?

Hey guys

Just found out I was accepted into SVA. adds to my list of acceptance at SMFA and rejection from CalArts. any thoughts on the merits of the fine arts programs at SMFA and SVA?

Congratulations! What program did you apply to at SVA?

Thanks! got into SVA's MFA Fine Arts program. also I should add I got a merit scholarship to SMFA so that will help with the cost factor for tuition. but neither New York or Boston are cheap cities to live in.