MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

LoL!! Well at least I have options =D

I finalllllly heard back from most of my schools.

Rejected from RISD

Accepted to RIT with small scholarship

Waitlisted at VCU.. =/

Cranbrook.... still waiting, they said they did send out some rejections (2D).. and contacted some of the accepted people.. but there is a pool of grey area people that they are deciding between... I'm in the grey. =/

Jeez.

You really should have applied to less schools! hahaha.

SAIC...interview and waitlisted, opted to take my name off, because I wouldn't find out anything until June

MICA Mt. Royal...interviewed and waitlisted, called and asked where i stood on the waitlist, was told I was pretty high on the waitlist, but I'm not sure I can wait to find out.

MICA Hoffberger...rejected

Rutgers...accepted, waiting on funding info...called, they haven't made final funding decision yet

Hunter....rejected

Tyler...accepted w/ guaranteed one year TA which totals to about 20k (everyone gets the same deal)

Yale...interviewed, waiting for the final verdict. should know within the week

getting close to decision time.....

new here, my results thus far:

SAIC - accepted, loans only

UCSD - rejected

UCLA - rejected

CMU - waitlist

Anyone else on the Carnegie Mellon waitlist? SAIC looks great, and I'm glad I got in, but the prospect of $80k in tuition makes me really hope for CMU...

anyone still waiting on mica for graphic design? interviewed 3/4, was supposed to hear 3/18. Emailed admissions last wed & they said the final class still wasn't set but they'd let me know by 3/25... which was 4 days ago! still waiting on a presumed rejection letter from RISD as well.

No I need to call Mary Ann tomorrow

I am told they usually have a Adjunct Faculty Position + TAing one classs

Same here. Any idea on what their aid packages are like?

I heard from both programs I applied to at mica a while ago (graphic design and social design) I was told today that we are having an open house on April 10th to which most of the class has been invited. I would call admissions and ask them whats the situation

anyone still waiting on mica for graphic design? interviewed 3/4, was supposed to hear 3/18. Emailed admissions last wed & they said the final class still wasn't set but they'd let me know by 3/25... which was 4 days ago! still waiting on a presumed rejection letter from RISD as well.

I was on MICA's waitlist and got accepted Friday. Has any one that was accepted to SAIC for ceramics gotten a scholarship? I got accepted in February and have not heard anything from them at all. I've called and I can't seem to get any info.

SAIC...interview and waitlisted, opted to take my name off, because I wouldn't find out anything until June

MICA Mt. Royal...interviewed and waitlisted, called and asked where i stood on the waitlist, was told I was pretty high on the waitlist, but I'm not sure I can wait to find out.

MICA Hoffberger...rejected

Rutgers...accepted, waiting on funding info...called, they haven't made final funding decision yet

Hunter....rejected

Tyler...accepted w/ guaranteed one year TA which totals to about 20k (everyone gets the same deal)

Yale...interviewed, waiting for the final verdict. should know within the week

getting close to decision time.....

Heard from mica, rejected from both hoffberger and mt royal. Also heard from Cca: rejected. But I also heard from Pratt: a very short letter saying I'm on the waitlist. Hmmm I wonder if that means anything...after mg experience being on a waitlist last year, I'm trying to tell myself not to anticipate anything.

In any case, I'm about to leave for my flight outta Boston to Oakland to check out mills; excited to see what it's like!

received my MICA rejection via post in one of those plastic 'i'm sorry we mangled your letter' bags. icing on the cake :D

rejected from NYU. there's a story: i called NYU to check status because i'm going to the penndesign open house and i'll be up in the city for a couple of days beforehand. figured if i got in/got waitlisted it'd be cool to see the department. i was told that i never actually submitted an application. yeah. that sucks.

I called Indiana today and apparently they sent out some rejection/acceptance letters but they're still deciding on others...can't figure out if I'm happy or not about that, at this point I just want to know one way or the other...

You should probably call them because they notified folks a while ago.