MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

What do you guys think about asking a school to reconsider $$? What happens when someone awarded scholarships decides to decline that school.. who does that money go to? Is it possible for me, as a grad student, to ask for $$?

Has someone ever done that?

I feel if you need more money you should ask.

I dont think there is harm in asking. Specially if you have multiple offers.

What do you guys think about asking a school to reconsider $? What happens when someone awarded scholarships decides to decline that school.. who does that money go to? Is it possible for me, as a grad student, to ask for $?

Has someone ever done that?

I had to do the same, and I was straight up to them. I told them how I was offered more money to go somewhere else and as much as I am interested in going there, I gotta also be reasonable with my finances, so I hope they understood where I was coming from. Even though I am still working out the details I was able to negotiate with them without feeling ackward about it.

Hope this helps

Ok thanks.. I have no idea how to ask, and still be professional.

accepted to csu long beach photography + sdsu photography with scholarship today (not sure how much $, not sure why they didn't tell me!) + rejected from ucsb photography. sdsu is only giving me a week to decide to qualify for the scholarship.

I haven't heard anything from Hunter yet either (two weeks from my interview would be this upcoming saturday). Im getting anxious though as well

Do you know how many "wait-listed" for RISD painting?

Also, any word from Hunter painting yet???

I believe Hunter has sent out decisions...I was rejected not too long ago and I see that some people have been accepted.

Do you know how many "wait-listed" for RISD painting?

Also, any word from Hunter painting yet???

I interviewed at Hunter, and haven't heard back yet. I thought they said at interview that it would be 2-3 weeks before we heard, and I haven't noticed anyone on here say that they had received an admit decision after having interviewed... Or have I missed something?

I believe Hunter has sent out decisions...I was rejected not too long ago and I see that some people have been accepted.

Does anyone have any idea of RISD's Digital + Media and MICA's Photographic and Electronic Media?

Both of them offer me some amount of funding (RISD < MICA) and hope to have a chance to hear about them.

Feel free to share your thought.

artist--- I applied to UNC chapel hill too...Sent them an email the first week of March. They said the committee had not made decisions yet, but were hoping they would soon.

Let me know if you hear anything too!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

Anyone recently hear from Purchase or UNC Chapel Hill? Any info on them?

Studio/Visual Art

Washington University in St. Louis (accepted)

UC Davis

UIC

U. Chicago

UNC Chapel Hill

Cornell

Purchase

Design

UT Austin