MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

mySAIC says the same thing (my portfolio wasn't submitted). I asked about this a while ago and they said not to worry, they just didn't update it yet.

Oh is that right?

thats good to know, thanks!

so you're invited to the interview! congrats!

probably i'm receiving rejection letter since i haven't heard back yet.

(painting/drawing interview invitation letter was post marked on the 10th I heard)

but i still wonder why i received neither letter, it would be here the next day they sent out cuz i live in town.

Is it their post-bac program? I've heard of SAIC accepting grad applicants into their post-bac programs.

I'm not sure about the prior degree BFA program unless they're just accepting you as an undergrad-but that seems a little odd to me.

I am pretty unclear about it. Online it says that there is no time limit for finishing the program and that they waive your normal undergrad requirements (liberal arts core etc.) It seems like a post-bac program....

Thanks for the insights!!!

I just realized (becuase I was not aware of the mySAIC thing) that I input my email address wrong on SAIC's online application. I'm feeling pretty lame right about now. I corrected it and emailed them.

Did you guys need an ID number to register for this thing?

Also, anyone hear/not hear from photo?

Oh is that right?

(painting/drawing interview invitation letter was post marked on the 10th I heard)

but i still wonder why i received neither letter, it would be here the next day they sent out cuz i live in town.

I just realized (becuase I was not aware of the mySAIC thing) that I input my email address wrong on SAIC's online application. I'm feeling pretty lame right about now. I corrected it and emailed them.

Did you guys need an ID number to register for this thing?

Also, anyone hear/not hear from photo?

It was a while ago so I don't remember exactly,

but I think it was once you register for mySAIC, you receive an email with your ID and temporary password.

Edited by peekaboo

I didn't get a letter yet either.

Oh is that right?

No letter for me either... judging by last year's experience of "no news is NOT good news" I'm gonna give up the ghost on this one.

Chicago's too damn cold anyway.

I live in an apartment so I was thinking maybe it's taking a while for the letters to be slipped in to each mailbox.

but i guess thats not the case...oh well, we'd have to wait and see i guess!

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a bit. I applied to Iowa, Penn state, Tyler, south Florida, and wvu. In printmaking. I'm thinking I should have applied more places...but just 5 was hard! And you all sound so put together...I'm very nervous.

Nothing to contribute to the conversation...just didn't want to be a stalker.

No letter for me either... judging by last year's experience of "no news is NOT good news" I'm gonna give up the ghost on this one.

I went to SAIC for undergrad, that would be one of the biggest reason I wouldn't get in.

They usually won't take people who already have a degree from same school...oh well.

Hi! You're the first other person I've seen who applied to WVU--what made you choose that program? I just applied, at the last minute, but actually don't know much about it. Also a printmaker. this is my site: http://lisadietrich.carbonmade.com/

would love to see your work as well!

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a bit. I applied to Iowa, Penn state, Tyler, south Florida, and wvu. In printmaking. I'm thinking I should have applied more places...but just 5 was hard! And you all sound so put together...I'm very nervous.

Nothing to contribute to the conversation...just didn't want to be a stalker.

My process for picking out schools started with me looking close to home (dc). I liked wvu because the print prof had a lot of straight-up printmaking. I visited and it had a good feel to it. Initially I wasn't planning on applying to any big name schools, but one of my undergrad professors told me I should apply to the top-tier schools.

I will link up some of my work, but right now I'm posting from and iPod, and it seems too complicated.

In other news, I'm not really expecting an acceptance to Tyler, but I've been obsessively checking my application status, and it says "complete ready for review"...does that mean they haven't looked at it? Someone said they already made their decisions!

O well, life goes on....worse things have happened to us all than getting rejected from a school. No worries, we've got more to hear from. I'm also going to assume rejection at this point for myself as well.

I thought Tyler was a top tier school...at least for painting, I'm not sure about printmaking. PS bethanyr...speaking of printmaking, I showed the bug artist to the kids today...it was really funny, they all started freaking out thinking that bugs were harmed in the making of the art. I had to explain that all the bugs were OK, because water based non-toxic paint was used! haha. Just thought I'd share!

Printmakers applying to Tyler: Any word at all? Are they a super competitive program? They were one of my less competitive schools I applied to so I am getting nervous...

I thought Tyler was a top tier school...at least for painting, I'm not sure about printmaking. PS bethanyr...speaking of printmaking, I showed the bug artist to the kids today...it was really funny, they all started freaking out thinking that bugs were harmed in the making of the art. I had to explain that all the bugs were OK, because water based non-toxic paint was used! haha. Just thought I'd share!

I went to SAIC for undergrad, that would be one of the biggest reason I wouldn't get in.

They usually won't take people who already have a degree from same school...oh well.

I have heard that too....i just got a rejection letter today from saic. i graduated last year in august.... i was dumb to apply the school for the grad program...shouldn't have done that....waste of money...

I have heard that too....i just got a rejection letter today from saic. i graduated last year in august.... i was dumb to apply the school for the grad program...shouldn't have done that....waste of money...

Haha I might know you then, I graduated last year in May.

I wasn't majoring in photography, but I took quite a bit of studio photo class as well as photo history class.

Haha I might know you then, I graduated last year in May.

I wasn't majoring in photography, but I took quite a bit of studio photo class as well as photo history class.

haha yeah, i attended the commencement, and was in the bfa show as well. whats your major?