MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Could you share your experience of interview at Mass Art?

Hope you get delightful letters from the schools.

Hey Everyone,

I've been a lurker for a while, but thought I'd say hello. I'm a video/performance artist. This process is so emotionally draining!

CCA-interviered

SFAI- interviewed

MassArts- interviewed

UCI-guessing a rejection

UCSD- holding my breath

CalArts- rejection

CMU- rejection

Although, I'm a bit older - 32 - I've been thinking that if I don't get a decent aid package I may wait and apply again next year. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts about that.

Congratulations on your interview Zaquon! It sounds like waiting it out worked for you.

Edited by sightless

Although, I'm a bit older - 32 - I've been thinking that if I don't get a decent aid package I may wait and apply again next year. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts about that.

Congratulations on your interview Zaquon! It sounds like waiting it out worked for you.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Speaking of which, anyone know what your chances are of getting at the SMFA if you itnerview?

The whole cost thing is a tough issue. I'm 32 as well. On one hand more than $50k of dept scares the hell out of me, on the other hand my girlfriend will kill me if I get accepted and don't go after all I've put her through.

how did you hear from CalArts and CMU? Im nervous! great on the interviews!

Hey Everyone,

I've been a lurker for a while, but thought I'd say hello. I'm a video/performance artist. This process is so emotionally draining!

CCA-interviered

SFAI- interviewed

MassArts- interviewed

UCI-guessing a rejection

UCSD- holding my breath

CalArts- rejection

CMU- rejection

Why are you guessing a rejection from UCI? I spoke with admissions and they said the first letters in the process would be going out this & next week.

Hey Everyone,

CCA-interviered

SFAI- interviewed

MassArts- interviewed

UCI-guessing a rejection

UCSD- holding my breath

CalArts- rejection

CMU- rejection

Thanks! Congrats and good luck to you as well. Davis is supposed to send out funding info beginning of next month and I'm not sure about Rutgers, I have to write them a letter detailing my need for funding. So I'm guessing early next month for them as well.

yay!!! good for you!!! do you know about funding yet?

did it seem like a standard letter to all those accepted or more personal.. I'm trying to figure out if I can cross off list or hold out hope

Thanks

I'm wondering about their process too...some people were accepted over the phone a few days ago, now an e.mail acceptance. Strange, the lack of continuity.

Vermillion, does your online status now say accepted? Just curious since mine still says 'no decision.'

Hmm, well the letter was from Stephen Westfall and had a lot of general info like dates, contact info, what happens next, etc. The only personal information it had was my name, address and date. Not sure if that's helpful or not.

did it seem like a standard letter to all those accepted or more personal.. I'm trying to figure out if I can cross off list or hold out hope

Thanks

I just checked it and it says "no decision" as well but I'm not sure if it will be official yet. It was stated in the letter that "Official verification will be forthcoming from the Graduate Admissions Office, provided that you have met the conditions for admission established by that office." I agree that its weird that some people received phone calls, maybe I wasn't one of the top choices but good enough to get in?

I'm wondering about their process too...some people were accepted over the phone a few days ago, now an e.mail acceptance. Strange, the lack of continuity.

Vermillion, does your online status now say accepted? Just curious since mine still says 'no decision.'

Just received acceptance e-mail from SUNY-BUFFALO for their new genres program which is great but,

had an interview last friday and still waiting on SFAI's reply. I think my work will fit better there (+will be happier without ever seeing snow again!).

I just checked it and it says "no decision" as well but I'm not sure if it will be official yet. It was stated in the letter that "Official verification will be forthcoming from the Graduate Admissions Office, provided that you have met the conditions for admission established by that office." I agree that its weird that some people received phone calls, maybe I wasn't one of the top choices but good enough to get in?

I've given up trying to understand schools methodology for notifying applicants. Anyway, congratulations and good luck with funding/making a decision!

ok I just got onto my rutgers slideroom and on the last page that says submitt application there is a check list and the part that says ADD MEDIA has a big red X there. My portfolio is there and I dont think the X was ther before.... anyone else see this?

ok I just got onto my rutgers slideroom and on the last page that says submitt application there is a check list and the part that says ADD MEDIA has a big red X there. My portfolio is there and I dont think the X was ther before.... anyone else see this?

I just see a regular, black check mark–same as next to 'Graduate Essay.'