MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

before you log in at the bottom of the page.

I SEE THAT AT THE BOTTOM OF MY PAGE AS WELL FOR USC. DOES EVERYONE HAVE THIS? SHOULD I SUBMIT MORE PHOTOGRAPHS?!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. PERHAPS I SHOULD JUST CONTACT ADMISSIONS? (hahah sorry for all caps. I'm not yelling at you). laugh.gif

Edited by femmedephoto

I applied to Parsons for the MFA in Transdisplinary Design I had no interview and haven't heard anything yet. What program did you apply to?

I just got my acceptance letter to Parsons with funding! Nearly hugged the fedex man!!

I didn't go through an interview at all though, it just came out of the blue. (I'm an international student, but the university does skype interviews.... did anyone not have an interview?)

Nope. It says online decisions will be mailed by April 1st. I know that some people are accepted without an interview, and some do get an interview. So a lack of interview at this point doesn't mean you're out

Has anyone heard anything from SVA??

What username received an acceptance letter from MICA? I am not seeing it on the thread.

were you contacted before you got the official letter to let you know that you were accepted? i know a few of us over the in the graphic design thread have been waiting to heard back from MICA. i only interviewed less than two weeks ago, so i thought i would have to wait a while longer before i heard anything. i'm worried that since i haven't, that i'm waiting on a rejection letter :(

No, actually it was a very personal email that talked about my work and why they wanted me in the program. Ellen Lupton and Mike Weikert emailed me for the different programs. I also got a call from Admissions yesterday, and an admissions packet last night.

Congrats! I loved it there... You received your letter via snail mail correct?

That is great! Congrats again. Let me know if you decide on going there :)

No, actually it was a very personal email that talked about my work and why they wanted me in the program. Ellen Lupton and Mike Weikert emailed me for the different programs. I also got a call from Admissions yesterday, and an admissions packet last night.

thanks! yeah, it is my first choice so now it is all up to the funding I can get... (still on the works)

That is great! Congrats again. Let me know if you decide on going there :)

I SEE THAT AT THE BOTTOM OF MY PAGE AS WELL FOR USC. DOES EVERYONE HAVE THIS? SHOULD I SUBMIT MORE PHOTOGRAPHS?!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. PERHAPS I SHOULD JUST CONTACT ADMISSIONS? (hahah sorry for all caps. I'm not yelling at you). laugh.gif

I don't know. if they wanted more work, Im sure they would have contacted us or will contact us. maybe you should contact admissions. i'm still waiting to hear from a few schools, so i think if i dont hear anything from them by april 1, i will be contacting them.

Anyone else STILL not hear back from CalArts MFA Fine Art Program? They are driving me crazy. If I am rejected just send me the letter already!!

I still did not hear back from CalArts (fine art). That is really annoying, I agree!

I did not get an interview either, and i am an international student as well.. I thought it was strange too.. especially because when i went to visit the school, the people that I spoke to told me that they had interviews.. so.. i dont know...

i am just happy i got in!!! and congratulations.

I just got my acceptance letter to Parsons with funding! Nearly hugged the fedex man!!

I didn't go through an interview at all though, it just came out of the blue. (I'm an international student, but the university does skype interviews.... did anyone not have an interview?)

I applied to Parsons for the MFA in Transdisplinary Design I had no interview and haven't heard anything yet. What program did you apply to?

I applied for the mfa design technology programme. I think different departments have different dates to stagger admissions entries, so you should probably hear from them within a week or so?

rejection from risd via post.

has anyone who applied to studio art heard anything from NYU?

No I applied to NYU as well, and haven't got an update either. It's really strange since NYU's deadline is the earliest.....

I did not get an interview either, and i am an international student as well.. I thought it was strange too.. especially because when i went to visit the school, the people that I spoke to told me that they had interviews.. so.. i dont know...

i am just happy i got in!!! and congratulations.

That's great!! I'm so happy for us!! what programme did you apply to? Both myself and another user didn't get interviewed and we both applied for the design & technology programme.