MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Got a USC rejection letter today. I live close.

I called Roski school of art at USC and they said decision letters were mailed out yesterday....

I think its weird that no on on this board got an interview. I think she might have been referring to undergrad.. I am not sure. I am a bit worried now.

Apparently USC notifies waitlist-ees as well as acceptances by snail mail, so if you got an interview you might still be ok.

My only saving grace might be that i'm from Canada, and maybe, just maybe they don't interview international types. But that is the end of my optimist streak for USC.

congrats! I got a call from them couple days ago too!

waiting to hear back from SVA, CAL ARts, Columbia

Had a interview via skype with Parsons 3 weeks ago but havent heard back yet...

Have a interview with Hunter College tmrw.

Good luck!

Just got a phone call and accepted MICA MFA in Photographic and Electronic Media program.

Great news, just like beautiful blue sky in Chicago. :-)

Here is my result so far.

MASS ART - Accepted

MICA - Accepted

Still waiting from...

SVA, SAIC, RISD.

Edited by yukiuki

yeah i applied to their MFA photo too......i haven heard anything from them.

i hope they received all my stuff.... lol

Hi! Which program are you applying to at Columbia University?

I applied for the MFA in Photo and still haven't heard back from them....

I haven't, but the results section of this site and twitter posts both seem to be saying that some people have already received acceptances.... I'm so impatient! And now I'm getting nervous about it...

Has anyone heard anything on NYU ITP????

ITP said they'll only send out acceptances in early April, they've just started doing the interviews now. I called up the Admissions office to find out, because they don't have online monitoring

Don't give up yet! Maybe this just means you're still in the running for acceptance :) It took a really long time for anybody to get back to me, as well. I just started hearing Mid-March. Even then, four of the schools I applied to haven't really contacted me either. Maybe to ease your consciousness you can contact admissions to see if your apps are complete and when you can expect to hear a decision. Good luck to you!

you are right though. I hardly get through these days , you know, it could be a rejection in the end instead of an admission.

RISD is pending, all I have to do is waiting till the email arrival;

CMU never updates in the slideroom;

and Parsons is unknown,,,,, whether interview or not before the decision........

Is it a little bit rude to contact the admission office....?????? Maybe I show too much concern......

Oh.. that means I should wait more. Until like forever :-(

But it's kinda weird that they said they'd just started doing interview things, because in my knowledge their group interview session was over in February.

Could you please let me know when you did call up the office? That might be helpful for my newest hobby - making up all the scenario about my acceptance/rejection :P

Hope you hear good news soon!

ITP said they'll only send out acceptances in early April, they've just started doing the interviews now. I called up the Admissions office to find out, because they don't have online monitoring

Oh.. that means I should wait more. Until like forever :-(

But it's kinda weird that they said they'd just started doing interview things, because in my knowledge their group interview session was over in February.

Could you please let me know when you did call up the office? That might be helpful for my newest hobby - making up all the scenario about my acceptance/rejection :P

Hope you hear good news soon!

I called them up the day before and my friend just got interviewed last week. I'm anxious to know the results as well, crossing fingers for both of us!!

That's weird. I received their email this week.

Well, I think they understand how stressful this is for us. I had a little issue with an incomplete application that I found out about just recently, so I contacted all the admissions offices of all the schools just to make sure I wasn't overlooking more incomplete applications. Everybody was extremely nice about it and confirmed that my apps were complete. It's probably very common for grad students to follow up on their applications. Am I wrong? Anyhow, I felt a lot better just knowing that I wasn't hearing anything, not because something was wrong with my application, but because the admissions process just takes time. I know I won't hear anything for at least another two weeks, and somehow, I'm a little less stressed about it now.

you are right though. I hardly get through these days , you know, it could be a rejection in the end instead of an admission.

RISD is pending, all I have to do is waiting till the email arrival;

CMU never updates in the slideroom;

and Parsons is unknown,,,,, whether interview or not before the decision........

Is it a little bit rude to contact the admission office....?????? Maybe I show too much concern......

I heard back from ICP-Bard by phone three weeks ago with an acceptance and just received a confirmation email with a little more information yesterday. They want an answer by March 25th, so I'm thinking they either have rolling admissions and are doing two phases or are intentionally making people decide before other programs' deadlines so that they can steal them : / .

Anyone who had an Interview with ICP-bard heard back from them? It's been three weeks since my interview and still haven't heard back from them....

Good to know - thanks for posting. Had great interviews with them last week and was sure to be wait-listed since I didn't hear back from them over the phone over the past few days. This gives me a bit of hope. Just waiting for the mailman today. So ready for the waiting process to be over. Ug.

Hope good stuff works out for you...and the rest of you.

Anyone hear back from UC Irvine who had interviews?

Apparently USC notifies waitlist-ees as well as acceptances by snail mail, so if you got an interview you might still be ok.

My only saving grace might be that i'm from Canada, and maybe, just maybe they don't interview international types. But that is the end of my optimist streak for USC.

Good to know - thanks for posting. Had great interviews with them last week and was sure to be wait-listed since I didn't hear back from them over the phone over the past few days. This gives me a bit of hope. Just waiting for the mailman today. So ready for the waiting process to be over. Ug.

Hope good stuff works out for you...and the rest of you.

Anyone hear back from UC Irvine who had interviews?

Yeah, UC Irvine notified those accepted via phone around the 8th. Official paperwork came a week later.

Via Snail Mail: wait listed at MICA's Mount Royal.

I did not have an interview, fyi.

I had interviews with MICA's Mount Royal and MICA's Rinehart Sculpture but have not heard anything else from them. Are you close to the US East Coast?

I had interviews with MICA's Mount Royal and MICA's Rinehart Sculpture but have not heard anything else from them. Are you close to the US East Coast?

Yes, I'm an hour from B'More.

Hey guys,

I just came back from Hunter´s interview. It was pretty ok. It seems that everyone had a great interview and they are choosing only 30 from the 87 interviewed today.

They asked me lots of questions about especific works, books, references and theories about them.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to hear from them soon (2 or 3 weeks they said)

Oh okay thanks for the post. They send me an acceptance email 2 days ago. Did they give you any information about financial aid or scholarships?

ote name='isviz' timestamp='1300557794' post='227081']

I heard back from ICP-Bard by phone three weeks ago with an acceptance and just received a confirmation email with a little more information yesterday. They want an answer by March 25th, so I'm thinking they either have rolling admissions and are doing two phases or are intentionally making people decide before other programs' deadlines so that they can steal them : / .

Just received a formal letter of admission to UCLA's Painting and Drawing program. Yip! After patiently waiting for months I know where I'm going. $15k (TA+scholarship from what I can tell by the letter?) not much but I'm willing to take the loans if I can establish residency in a year. It'll be worth it I think.

ACT: I found out my status (rejection) from my slideroom account about a month back, they had put RJ on my application page, through the forum I figured it means a rejection.

Best of luck to everyone this month!

Just received a formal letter of admission to UCLA's Painting and Drawing program. Yip! After patiently waiting for months I know where I'm going. $15k (TA+scholarship from what I can tell by the letter?) not much but I'm willing to take the loans if I can establish residency in a year. It'll be worth it I think.

ACT: I found out my status (rejection) from my slideroom account about a month back, they had put RJ on my application page, through the forum I figured it means a rejection.

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Oh interesting... too bad! Thanks for the post.

You applied to the MFA Painting right?